Pixelated/Blurry profile picture? 920

ggrandchamp

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! (Nokia 920 here)

Is anyone else having issues with updating the "Me" live tile with a picture? It starts off clear and full resolution, but after a few hours it seems to become pixelated or blurry. When I update it with a new picture, it becomes clear again. However after some time it reverts back to the same old pixelation. Thank you!

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is dependent on the pixel size of the image and the size of your live tile? have you tried changing the tile size or image resolution? Otherwise I have no idea :(

ggrandchamp

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I have. Its usually a photo from facebook or just a downloaded photo. Im not sure if I should take the phone back as it seems like a minor issue. Everything else is working in order aside from the dreaded "returning to homescreen bug" that rears its head every now and then.

ggrandchamp

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I go to add a contact, it will return me to the homescreen every time I hit "send/confirm". Seems like a common issue according to the problem thread. however.. the pixelated profile picture sucks...

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've only had this issue when updating my picture on the phone. When I do it on my PC via the web site and sync, I don't.

illumia

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you syncing your contacts through google by any chance? I have this issue with all my contacts because google resizes them to very small dimensions, which is lame for today's standards...

Last edited:

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So I updated my profile pic on facebook itself and I can confirm after two days that the pic is still clear and is not pixelated. I would recommend uploading the pic and not picking one from Facebook. That's what I did with great results.

Godigiya

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had that issues days ago. That's because of the Google Contents, which didn't accept high quality image. And your phone will sync photos with it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos