On my third 920.....hoping this would the last!

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged my first 920 for a red one. The black matted one was too slippery for me. I was charged re-stocking fee - no prob there.

The red one was ok for a couple of days and then all sorts of issues came up.

1. Overheating.
2. Fast battery drain.
3. Shut off by itself.
4. Screen freezes.
5. Multiple reboots.
6. Airplane mode would come on by itself; force to reboot.

When I went to the store last night, I was ready to either return it completely or exchange it for another phone, i.e., Note 2, iPhone, etc.
The store manager has a 920 since day one and according to him has not experienced any of the issues I listed above.
So he suggested I exchanged it for another 920. Luckily, they have a red one in stock. He did not charge me re-stocking fee, so that was good!
The fact that I really like this phone, I am now on my third one. I downloaded similar apps to test this one out. However, I am hesitant if I should accept the version update when it comes. It seems to me that everything went downhill on the second phone after I accepted the update.
Also, I am hesitant to charge the phone via computer and car charger. It seems to affect the phone in a negative way too.
As you can see, I am getting paranoid. Come to think of it, I really need to test this phone all out before the 14 day policy runs out.
Wish me luck.
I am hoping this is the one :)

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi i bricked mine after a week and got it replaced, it has been over a week for the second handset and over 14 days since I originally bought the phone, was wondering does the policy count the date from the second handset or the original purchase? Thanks

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't sweat it. I went through 4 900's before I got one that worked half way decent. My first was one built at a factory in Mexico and it had all kinds of problems, including the inability to connect to the network. I hope it will last for you too.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi i bricked mine after a week and got it replaced, it has been over a week for the second handset and over 14 days since I originally bought the phone, was wondering does the policy count the date from the second handset or the original purchase? Thanks

I've found that they'll usually count it from the date of the original purchase. I've found that to be the case from the AT&T store and the MS Store.

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine was great for the 1st couple of weeks or so, i got mine delivered 11/9, call clarity was amazing, I was on a bus near the back and my wife couldn't hear it or any background noise when I called her. However, 2 days ago it started to get warm after little use, the phone wouldn't stop charging on the wireless charger. I uninstalled most of my apps but it didn't work and then i made the mistake of factory reset. Hadn't known about wpcentral at the time so i called ATT and they are replacing it. I could have tried the restore as mentioned here in the forums, but I don't think there is any guarantee that it will restore to factory reset, weren't there bugs with that process? Anyway, I upgraded my phone, coming from iphone 4s with ATT and I had 30 days money back warranty. They are replacing it free of charge, the replacement is on the way. Hopefully there are no issues, I love this phone. Can't even think of going back to IOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12