Rogers Lumia 920 Signal issues.

MikeLynch001

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

First of all I wanted to say that I love this device and I am glad that I got it over the iPhone 5. However, ever since I have used the 920 the signal drops drastically or cuts out all together. I am constantly having to watch my phone to make sure my text messages go out because at some random time it says it could not send message. As I right this I don't even have 3G. I work and live in downtown Toronto and on my iPhone 4 I never had anything less than 4 bars of 3g with 99% of the time I had 5 bars. So is this a Rogers issue? (This is my first 4G LTE device and I am not sure how good there networks are) or is this a hardware issue. Since I have never experienced this kind of problem since getting the Lumia 920.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you're not alone.. The failing text message bug is infuriating.. Really looking forward to the first update to WP8.. Hopefully it irons out a lot of these bugs.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and am likely about to exchange my device, I have also e-mailed Nokia's CEO and it has been forwarded accordingly to escalated support and are beginning to work on this. However, what I want to know is; does anyone on the Rogers network with a L920 using LTE NOT have signal issues? I believe my phone is a 46/2012 batch.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I can literally watch my phone bounce between 3 bars and 1 bar over and over and over and over. MMS fails about 80% of the time and standard SMS fails 20% of the time.

I love my 920, but, seriously, how you can release a phone that doesn't do basic features consistently like sending text messages?!

Commander Data

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Rogers and definitely have the messaging issue too (I created a thread here and on MS support for this issue). I'm not convinced it is a connectivity issue though. It seems to occur most often when I am sending multiple messaged or quickly leave the messaging app after sending the message (both text and messenger). All I can say is that I sincerely hope that the rumored December update fixes this.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, have you guys noticed that text messages are counted as 70 characters long? Isn't it supposed to be 130 or something?
You might want to contact Rogers. From their site
How long can a text message be

Messages are typically limited to 160 characters. Each divided text message sent will be charged as pay-per use or debited as part of the text messaging allowance in your plan, add-on or value pack.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=search&Ntt=length+of+text+message

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers