How many of you that received one of the first batch of 920s still have their first phone?

nitrocs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Still have the firat L920 sold from Best Buy in Bayshore, NY on launch day
Couple bugs...but nothing worth reverting back to my old iPhone!

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my Cyan 11/13. No major issues. I have the dreaded screen scratches and noticed dust under the FF camera. Battery life has been great since disabling LTE. Also not one reboot.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have mine since Nov 12, i flashed it one time because it bricked. Working great now and i just bought the Wireless Charging Stand and everything works smoothly

D_Ros

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Have mine for 3 weeks, still going strong.

When I first purchased the phone, the battery was draining very quickly.

First and Foremost, try setting the screen to Auto brightness. Having it high will destroy your battery.
Also, turn off the tap+send feature. I'll only turn it on when I need to.

I have wifi on at all times, as well as bluetooth. With the above changes, my battery life has been much much better.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
how many did it because they thought their battery was faulty when it wasn't

One should not need to figuratively do a voodoo dance to get their battery to work. Every other mobile device gets plugged in, and then works. If this was not the case those that returned did in fact have a battery issue. Moreover companies received these phones back, accepting the issue. So while there may have been a technical issue that could be overcome there was little way to know this beyond coming to WP Central and reading through threads and threads of information.

Anyways to the point at hand I returned mine after 14 days. First nine days were good, then I went to a city where there was LTE and the thing got uncomfortably hot, particularly for a six hundred dollar device I bought off contract. I am back on my 900. Am waiting to play with an ATIV S now, and if I do not like it I will go back to the 920. Kind of got burned when I got the 900 (didn't work on my network for a week, and WiFi sharing hasn't worked for months) and then had issues with the 920. I appreciate being an early adopter comes with a small amount of issues but I am starting to feel a bit burnt. And not by the back of the 920 <G>

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone...but the first one had crap battery life and then just died. Second one...AWESOME!!!
My lady is now on her 2nd as well and it looks like we may have to go for a third one with her.

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked mine up on the 16th of November and even with the two common imperfections people seem to be getting really worked up over (top of phone case clicks when pressed down hard, rattle when it vibrates hard enough), I've still got it and love it.

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been shipped back to the supplier a few days ago since it wouldn't read any SIM card. The Smart~part worked flawlessly and I surely loved it but the Phone~part could only be used for emergency calls :unhappy:

intransitmatt

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got mine the day it launched too (cyan) and I have not consistently gone through any problems (knock on wood) :p but there was one time where I enabled Bluetooth and the phone just rebooted. There was also another time when the battery only lasted around 4-5 hours :-/ but both instances only happened once and on separate occasions. Here's to hoping there will be some update resolving these issues.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i dont. i got mine on the first day it went retail in store. it was black. i took it back after a week because it kept rebooting on me for no reason. then i got a htc one x+ to replace that. quickly realized why i liked the lumia 920 in the first place and took that one x+ back and got a red lumia 920 (which is what i originally wanted). since then havent had any issues with my 920.

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Preordered my Cyan 920 and had battery issues, also some light scratches from who knows where on the screen. Got my replacement yesterday and battery seems great so far!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention