5 technology firsts for cell phone inside the lumia 920

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In fairness, I'm pretty sure the iPhone has had 60FPS screens for sometime now.

iPhone 5 gaming at 60FPS (1080p HD) - YouTube

i thought the previous iPhone model, the iPhone 4S, couldn't truly record video with more than 30 frames per second (fps) without, by 50%, decreased vertical resolution and (with the 1080p-native 4S) switching to 720p resolution? as far as i know 60fps does not currently work with ios6.

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
2. In cold temperature (below 30 Fahrenheit) I haven't been able to get any non-finger input to work at all. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. Fortunately, I have some of these gloves that seem to work on any touch screen at any temperature.

Men's Sensor Gloves | Outdoor Research | Designed By Adventure

I wanted to test no 2. and took my phone outside -15degrees celcius which is a lot colder, and left it out for 20 minutes. The phone was freezing cold. My standard leather gloves worked out of the box, and my thick woolen cap started working after about 5-7 seconds of swiping the screen. And after that both scrolling and selecting seemed to work flawlessly. I really must wonder if people have turned it 'on', or they don't know that it needs some time for the screen to adjust/calibrate to the touch. Either that, or Nokia has some serious quality issues. Since mine is working flawlessly.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
To be fair...

Super sensitive touch - Actually, Sony kinda beat them to it with their Xperia floating touch technology. And guess what, it works with gloves:

Glove Mode on Xperia sola with ICS - YouTube

60 FPS HD display refresh rate - Nothing new, iOS had this for years, even Android is getting there now.

Integrated wireless charging - Also nothing new.

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
To be fair...

Super sensitive touch - Actually, Sony kinda beat them to it with their Xperia floating touch technology. And guess what, it works with gloves:

60 FPS HD display refresh rate - Nothing new, iOS had this for years, even Android is getting there now.

Integrated wireless charging - Also nothing new.

What about 3 HAAC microphones for Rich Recording? Has anyone done anything similar? I'm too lazy to search.

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
In fairness, I'm pretty sure the iPhone has had 60FPS screens for sometime now.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I tried searching from the internets and I always ended up to 30hz regarding to iphone5 screen. iOS supports it, and iPads have it. I didn't find a single reference about iPhone5 having 60hz screen refresh rate. A topic in some random youtube video with only 2 comments just doesn't cut it.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to test no 2. and took my phone outside -15degrees celcius which is a lot colder, and left it out for 20 minutes. The phone was freezing cold. My standard leather gloves worked out of the box, and my thick woolen cap started working after about 5-7 seconds of swiping the screen. And after that both scrolling and selecting seemed to work flawlessly. I really must wonder if people have turned it 'on', or they don't know that it needs some time for the screen to adjust/calibrate to the touch. Either that, or Nokia has some serious quality issues. Since mine is working flawlessly.

My experience was sitting on a chairlift in approximately 30 degree F. I took the phone out of my jacket pocket to show a friend how it worked. I started by holding a gloved finger on the screen for about 5 seconds and then tried to swipe the lock screen open. No response. I held my gloved finger on the screen again, this time for 10 seconds. Again, no response.

I have been able to get it to work in warmer temps, but I couldn't make it work in this instance. Maybe it had something to do with the wind from riding the chairlift?

And yes, I did have it turned on.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
On what phone DOES it work better than the 920? I can only compare it to my old iphone 4 which simply would not, in any way, even acknowledge that anything was touching the screen unless it was the actual skin of my finger.

That I can put on gloves and use the phone is quite remarkable actually to me.

I remember seeing a funny picture of a bunch of Japanese commuters on a train using sausages to type on their iPhones xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3