Slow LTE Speeds?

gtung99

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Before with my HTC One X I consistently got around 25meg down and 12meg up with Speedtest app at work. With my Lumina i'm maxing out at around 7 meg down and 7 up. Since there is no Speedtest app winthin the Win8 app store, I downloaded the 'my Speed Test' app instead. I conducted these tests in the same identical location so its not a cell tower distance issue. Either the "my Speed Test" app is not accurate or the Lumia itself is limiting it's speed somehow.

Anyone else noticing this? Or is there a better speed test app to use?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Try this app. You need to use the link as it is not listed in the store.

BandWidth | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

another one to try is Quick Bandwidth test. I do not have a link for that. I know I had some very different speeds between apps.

nice. the one i was using wasn't very useful so i was looking for an alternative.

now, for some reason, this "bandwidth" app doesn't show up when i search on the 920. anybody else?

gtung99

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, this app is much better. JConn_Lefty that's why pvcleave said to use the link, the app is meant for Win7.5 devices which is why its not listed for our 920s.

rsantico87

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all i just purchased my HTC 8X on VZW and my LTE download speeds 8MB down and 4MB up..my friend has a Galaxy S3 on VZW and gets 24 down and 12 up..is there a reason for the difference..we are testing in the same spot?

Also i noticed that my pictures are coming out yellow anyone else have that problem as well?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Before with my HTC One X I consistently got around 25meg down and 12meg up with Speedtest app at work. With my Lumina i'm maxing out at around 7 meg down and 7 up. Since there is no Speedtest app winthin the Win8 app store, I downloaded the 'my Speed Test' app instead. I conducted these tests in the same identical location so its not a cell tower distance issue. Either the "my Speed Test" app is not accurate or the Lumia itself is limiting it's speed somehow.

Anyone else noticing this? Or is there a better speed test app to use?

Wait. It doesn't matter if YOU are in the same spot. What matters if you are connecting to the same connection point for the test.
For instance, if you're in NY, and for one, it connects to a NY server, and another, a server in Canada, you cannot directly compare the two.

My LTE speeds are higher with my L920 from my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss