Trouble Receiving MMS

BrandonGoodman

Aug 3, 2007
Visit site
Firstly, Hello to all the WPCentral people. This is my first post on this site. I've been a long time reader of the mobile nations network. I've recently spent most of my time at Android Central. I recently aquired one of the Developer Edition Lumia 920's from MS Build last month. I've just activated service on it using the Walmart/TMobile $30 Monthtly 4G plan. Every thing seem to be working great except for one small thing. Incoming MMS's are not being received. I am testing by sending to and from my other primary line (Verizon Galaxy Nexus). Plain text works correctly in both directions and the Galaxy Nexus receives MMS's being sent by the 920. When I send an MMS from the VZW GNex, its never received by the TMo L920.

After quite a bit of tinkering, I discovered that if I send using the 11 digit phone number including the country code, "1" in this case, the message is delivered correctly. Its when I send to the 10 digit number that it does not go through.

Does anyone know if this is normal behavior? I haven't encountered that problem with anyone else that I have texted with... Granted, I don't do a ton of MMS/picture messaging and most of my contacts are Verizon or AT&T users. This just doesn't seem like very user friendly behavior. The messages that are sent by the TMo L920 are received by the VZW GNex as a 10 digit number. So I had to go out of my way to compose a new message thread with the 11 digit number to get it to send. I could not just reply to the message that was just received.

duvalkid

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 920, I wasn't receiving pic msgs. I called AT&T and they told me to hard reset because something during the activation process "didn't push the profile through"? Anyways i did a hard reset and now im getting my pic msgs like normal, be careful on the hard reset though, good chance of bricking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon