Wireless charging destroying battery?

Stan City

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to chime in as well. I believe its app related too but it's not necessarily the app itself but possibly the way it installed on the phone. A bad install can set your phone to overclock, so to say, for a variety of things. To test for this uninstall recently installed apps, restart your phone and charge it fully. Reinstall suspect app or apps one at a time giving ample time between installs to test for battery drain.

Another way is to uninstall suspect apps and reinstall them and most likely your battery trouble will be gone. Here is the other kicker in this deal; if app updates start causing issues, it’ll be harder to find the suspect.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hold the back button.

That is not correct. That's a list of suspended apps, those are not running unless... (see below)

How do you see what apps are running with this phone?

Go into settings | swipe over to applications then select 'background tasks.'

Those are the list of apps that are allowed to run in the background all the itme. If one is running it will say 'running' under the name. The only one I have ever noticed is Nokia Drive+ Beta. That will suck your battery down.

yaoye78

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes official apps are not that reliable after all. Facebook app and Skype (both by Microsoft) sometimes cause very severe battery drain too, to the extend that the phone feels HOT without doing anything. It turns out that some kind of server sync error will put Facebook app/Skype into an endless cycling.

If you have those apps installed, you might want to uninstall then reinstall them.

nunohat

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This is 100% true. I have noticed this on numerous occasions - every time I use the pad to charge my phone it shows full battery and then dies within a few hours of use. And when I say dies, I mean it. It shows the no battery icon for a few hours with no way of switching it on (unless sometimes after an hour or so of charging I do the lock screen+volume button reset). I always press back until all apps are closed and have no running apps in the background. The only variable between a phone that lasts over a day and one that shows 100% but lasts an hour or so of light use is the damn charging pad. Now I do have a hard case which I dont take off the phone when charging on the pad so that might be playing a trick. But at the end of the day if my batter says its 100% full and it seems to be charging normally theres quite a big fail!

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I started this thread and my 920 now works great with the wireless charging pad. Battery for me lasts 10-14 hours on a charge which is enough for me as a college student. I don't know if that's long or not but perfect for me.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I use a non nokia QI wireless charger (from ebay) and have no problems with the battery, i use wireless during the day when im toing and froing from my desk and the cable at night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre