Screen unusable when in a call!

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
This is BS! Whenever im in a call on my lumia 920 i cannot use the phone. The screen flickers for a second then goes black! Has anyone noticed this on their phone?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
First thing to check.

Do you have a Case on your phone. If so is it covering up the prox sensor? It's just above the N of the Nokia Logo.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me tonight, think I had some smudges over proximity sensor making it act up. But, definitely can happen.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rimmer007

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Think I am having the same problem, when i make a call and its asking a for a selection ie press 3 for customer service. I press the power button to bring up the num pad but the num pad flickers on/off in to fast for me to make a selection.

I dont have a case and im sure there are no marks above the prox sensor. Any other suggestions please?

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this problem until this morning. Was on a call and had to do a number selection but I couldn't do it. When I pulled my phone away from my face the screen wouldn't come on. If you hit the power button the screen just flashes.
I don't have a case and I read the forums to try what others have done but I am still having an issue. It's not really a big deal for now because I don't have to use this very often. In fact this is the first time in 3 weeks since I have had the phone that I have had the need. Any other suggestions please tell.

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure this is a hardware or software issue. Someone mentioned that Skype might be an issue but it isn't. I uninstalled and rebooted with still no improvement. I have noticed this problem getting worse now. Anybody having any luck getting it to work?

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I think that has been said elsewhere, but get a can of air and blow out the earpiece. Mine had the same problem, but blowing dust out of the earpiece fixed it.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
same thing with me, it has NOTHING to do with smudges or dirt. Its either a hardware issue, or possibly software. but unless everyone has this issue, Im leaning towards hardware. I need to get mine replaced asap, its really bad. cant hang up calls!!

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
OK.... well I do have to say that blowing some air into the earpiece made a difference. Thanks for the tip. Seems to be working great now.

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
No you need to use a can of air and blow out the earpiece. It works.... funny it never did this with my 900 but such as it is. Thanks again clavecinist for the tip on this. I take it this is where the sensor is now.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is BS! Whenever im in a call on my lumia 920 i cannot use the phone. The screen flickers for a second then goes black! Has anyone noticed this on their phone?

Yes I had this exact same problem. it is a known defect with the proximity sensor. Some people seem to say if you take a few pictures with the front facing camera that will correct it... oddly enough. I had my device replaced but try the camera thing. My second device doesn't have the problem but I'm going to be moving on to my third because my current one is creaky as **** and the power button is loose.

NTSzlovak

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hy i have the same problem with my 920. The problem on mine was the screen protector which covers the proximity sensor. So i get a new screen protector and i cut the top right corner off then put it on the phone and is working fine.
Other remark if you in a call and you turn on the speaker phone the screen will stay on permanently!
One more thing If you in a call press and hold the upper left corner of the glass just between the speaker and the upper left corner. This is only temporary but works for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros