AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock?

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. This new law is such BS its not even funny. Someone might get on your ass for trying to unlock your brand new phone....but no one will question the carriers when you purchase a device(L920) full retail and try to get an unlock code and carrier says "its exclusive, u gotta wait 6months"

Sounds like this law is designed to be a one way street.

Highgun

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I wonder if Nokia even imagined that the amount of business they will loose by making this exclusive to AT&T, and, making unlocking impossible. If any of you guys come across anyone anywhere regading unlocking not being an AT&T customer do lt us know.

Ifeanyi Okpareke

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
what is the new law?? Do you have link to this new law?
For those looking for a white unlocked At&t phone? I have an auction going on ebay. I bought two phones from at&t on accident and my request to them was to unlock one so I am selling it to get my money back since they will not take it back.

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB White at T Smartphone Unlocked | eBay

Let me know if you have questions. It's a white Unlocked At&t lumia 920. RM820 (North America). I have not tried it on TMobile or anything else yet but it's unlocked.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
what is the new law?? Do you have link to this new law?
For those looking for a white unlocked At&t phone? I have an auction going on ebay.
Let me know if you have questions. It's a white Unlocked At&t lumia 920. RM820 (North America). I have not tried it on TMobile or anything else yet but it's unlocked.
Nice price ;-). It's less to get a Rogers version unlocked from Canada, which is confirmed to have the 1700 band.
It would be great if you could plug in a T-Mob card and see if you get the 1700 band on it.

Ifeanyi Okpareke

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'll a Tmobile Sim today or tomorrow. But Rogers does not have White :) And Does not have the Free wireless charging plate which is a $50 value. Oh well sorry moderators. If you have questions / suggestions for me message me on ebay. I paid close to that total of $750 to get the phone in the first place.

YeahMon360

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's only illegal to unlock a device that you still owe on contract. If you buy the device outright, it is perfectly legal to still unlock it.

For those of you who have ATT and wish to unlock your device, here is the contact information I used. This is the CEO of ATT Mobile. Ralph.delaVega@att.com

If you live outside the US, and/or do not use ATT as your service provider, and DID NOT pay for the device in full, I wouldn't even bother trying to contact ATT. They WILL NOT help you.

I sold my unlocked 920 on eBay for $500 USD, including wireless charging pad.

Good luck to you.

Onerunjunior

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking has become illegal for new cell phone bought from tomorrow onwards.

No it hasn't. It's become illegal to unlock phones under contract with a carrier, not if you bought the device outright. Might want to read more closely next time. The only person who can unlock a phone under contract is the carrier you bought the subsidize phone from. I seriously doubt they'll go after anyone. Shame that the carriers are so blatantly obvious about paying to get laws written in their favor. For them anyway, anyone with enough brain cells to generate body heat can see exactly who and why this law was written by/for.

PhillipG

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Heh guys. Here's my story.
Bought my phone from AT&T store in FL for $450.00. I don't live in the states. (Bahamas, twice the price here). Tried to get it unlocked throught some cell phone shops here, but always came n=back rejected. Called up AT&T customer service and they said my phone is available for unlock sometime between July & December. What a joke. Can anyone help??

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried Gsmfast.net or another website? To unlock this phone. Is anybody on this forum that can vouch for any if these websites? There's gotta be somebody.

Highgun

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
YehMon 360 I am grateful to you for posting the email address of AT&T CEO, and, I just wrote to him. I hope that I get a response from his side in a positive note :)

Highgun

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Guys, they refused to unlock the unit, as they are in a exclusivity contract with NOKIA, The phone will get unlocked in May :(

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
afaik, they keep taking orders for US att 920 but offers no code to anyone.

I have reached to cellunlock.net. They say that they are completely backed up on L920 unlocks. Although the site says 10business days, they have no control or any idea when the codes get released after they put the request. According to them they hundreds of request pending and waiting for the Nokia to release more codes. I don't think they are a fake or shady business but they definitely are not the ones to go to for L920 unlock code at the moment.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb