AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ATT wont sell them outright i tried that.

You can buy it out right from att, but it has to be activate through them or whatever they call it. Which is a big fat lie since any ATT device can accept Att sim right out of the box.
Some store insist you to buy a plan with the phone is also against the company policy but when you complain CS will just direct you to another store without taking seriously. Well obviously thats the only way to keep their retail store or partners alive I guess.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There are several third party vendors online who helps in unlocking but choosing a reliable provider matters all.... But i got my mobile unlocked from Onlinegsmunlock.com i haven't faced any issues. if you want you can try them to network unlock your Nokia Lumia 920.
funny thing is they dont even provide service for att 920.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I GOT IT UNLOCKED:

No I'm not going to link you to some sketchy site that I secretly work for only to have them tell you their "servers are down" or whatever, I got my ATT Lumia 920 unlocked through ATT itself. Here's how I did it:

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH AT&T (NOT PREPAID):

Called their international number from outside of the US
Gave them my account information and IMEI and asked them to look into an unlock
Got the predictable response that the phones weren't unlockable until June or something
Asked the CSR to make me a support ticket anyways and forward it to tech support
4 days later I got an email with a working unlock code (although the instructions for plugging it in seemed to be for old nokia featurephones, not Lumias, so you have to google how to do it)

Hope this helps you guys! I made an account just to help out, coz I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they won't unlock their phones.
Cheers,
Josh

OK. The same day I saw this I gave it another try.
2 phone calls to ATT international number, no luck. International number do not have technical support option so I chose "unlocking my Iphone" as it appears to be the only option to talk to a human. The first one says she's gonna get into trouble and then played silence game on me. The 2nd one says her manager already denied so no point opening a ticket and just go round and round on that stupid statement like a voice recorder, so I hang on her.
The third time I called local number and choosing technical support. The guy was able to see that I called for the same problem a couple times within the hour. So after I explained my situation he tried once and fail and immediately he start a case ticket and told me to wait for a couple days. A polite and helpful guy.
So 2 days later I received this and unlocked my phone.
PS. I was a contract customer and cleared my balance for over a month before I move oversea for my new job.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "OKCQSubsidyUnlock" AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THE UNLOCK CODE BELOW PLEASE VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE?S KEYPAD. THE UNLOCK CODE IS SPECIFIC TO THE IMEI. IF YOUR IMEI DOES NOT MATCH THE IMEI BELOW PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS CODE AS IT COULD PERMANENTLY LOCK YOUR HANDSET.

EMAIL: @outlook.com
CASE: CM20130226_60772478
MOBILE: 316*******
MANUFACTURER: Nokia Lumia
MODEL: 920
IMEI:
UNLOCK CODE: 13021934669951074405

NOTE:
The customer only has five (5) tries to unlock the phone.
If this process is unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone will be permanently locked to the AT&T network.

INSTRUCTIONS:
?Switch the phone off
?Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
?Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
?Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
?Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press "enter"

Thank you for contacting AT&T Mobility. We appreciate your business.

2013-03-01-392.jpg

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would also be interested to know if this process works for a users who purchased the phone outright without any AT&T service. Will try calling in tonight.

Jtemsters

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my method won't work unless you have a long relationship with AT&T. My account with them was still active when I called, so to them I was still a paying customer

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The only person I've heard of who was able to get an unlock code without being an AT&T customer I think lived in Canada, and the rep felt sorry for him because he couldn't be an AT&T customer even if he wanted to.

Other than that, if you're not an AT&T customer you'll probably have to wait until the exclusivity period is over.

I'm still trying to find a friend who's an AT&T customer who is willing to help me out. No luck so far.

MeoMun

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Cellunlock.net stole my 39.99...do not use this site. They suck. Cellunlocker.net is better..but they do not have the unlock for AT&T L920.
Did you contact Paypal to get money back? I contacted Paypal for dispute. They right away refund the money back for me. Their service's really poor. Contacted them several time, even called them, but heard nothing.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Got instruction back from AT&T for unlocking 920:

INSTRUCTIONS:
?WP8 SIM unlock code length is 20 digits
?The SIM lock solution will be similar as
BB5v3 (Sim Lock 3)
?Lock level 7 is used in WP8
?Unlocking with level 7 unlock code will
open all lock levels
?Unlimited amount of unlocking attempts
Unlocking instructions for Using SIM Card not valid for the SIM Lock:
?Switch the phone off
?Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
?Switch the phone on and enter SIM card
PIN code if requested
?Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
?Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits)
and press ?enter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb