Picking up a call

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Not a big deal, but picking up an incoming call actually takes to actions: unlocking screen and accepting a call. On Android it was one.
Can that be changed?

Thanks

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When the phone is locked, you need to swipe up then tap accept - it's done this way so you're pocket can't accept the call accidentally as can happen quite frequently. If the screen is not locked (i.e. is on) it's just a case of tapping accept.

There isn't a way to change it.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yea, but Android would wake up on incoming call. No need to unlock. And because you have swap from left to right to accept the call no way a pocket would do it. It is an obvious design flaw.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, but Android would wake up on incoming call. No need to unlock. And because you have swap from left to right to accept the call no way a pocket would do it. It is an obvious design flaw.

Sometimes I put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing my thigh. And yes, I have occasionally accidentally answered calls / unlocked my phone using my thigh (WOW!).
Edit: iOS device.
I also sometimes stick my hand in my pocket, and magically unlock the screen (without me knowing).

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing my thigh. And yes, I have occasionally accidentally answered calls / unlocked my phone using my thigh (WOW!).
Edit: iOS device.
I also sometimes stick my hand in my pocket, and magically unlock the screen (without me knowing).

Yes, that's why it must be configurable. I have no problems with pockets, but I do have a problem answering calls while driving. Any extra motion is an issue. Also how exactly headset can pickup a call using a button on a mic?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
OH HOLY F*CKSTICK. "It takes TWO actions to pick up a call". ALERT OBAMA. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE.

Are we getting THAT picky with smart phones now that we are whining about having to move your thumb....twice? OH NO. My thumb can't take such repetitive actions!

Jesus....

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
OH HOLY F*CKSTICK. "It takes TWO actions to pick up a call". ALERT OBAMA. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE.

Are we getting THAT picky with smart phones now that we are whining about having to move your thumb....twice? OH NO. My thumb can't take such repetitive actions!

Jesus....

Drinking problems? Did you see I said "while driving"? Plus, everything is by comparison.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Drinking problems? Did you see I said "while driving"? Plus, everything is by comparison.

Re-read the post you opened the thread with - mentioned nothing about "while driving".

And how about, I dunno, not answering your phone while driving? I get why you would though. You don't want to miss that important call from from your gynecologist telling you that yes, it is an infection.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re-read the post you opened the thread with - mentioned nothing about "while driving".

And how about, I dunno, not answering your phone while driving? I get why you would though. You don't want to miss that important call from from your gynecologist telling you that yes, it is an infection.
It is funny, it is. Seriously.
But next time, please share some technical knowledge. That's what forums like this one are for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo