Where is Whatsapp?

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah!! Annoying! I reset and then they removed it from the store!

@ttsolder - It's not available through that route either, thanks anyway.

Qlop

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Any info when it will be available again? I really really need this app... nice surprise when Nokia+MS got me to switch and I'm not able to use the app I need the most... Time to switch back?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp communication team is appalling even on their own websites, forget about them being on any other forums. In that respect Viber team is pretty active on many WP forums and they do reply, even if it is only copy+paste responses all the time!

Qlop

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Unless the developer is a member of this forum, no one here is going to be able to answer that. It will come back when it's ready for use on WP8.
Well somebody might know something. Doesn't hurt to ask :) Would be nice if they told something about the schedule...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
saw this on MS forums (posted by Joseph LeoNdlovu)

"This is response I got from Nokia with regard to Whatsapp, I hope it helps
"Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your concern, kindly note that The WhatsApp Messenger application for WP8 phones is being updated to a newer version and it will be available in the Microsoft Store by the end of this week so its better to wait for it as the application that you have download from Windows Phone (United States) is not compatible with Lumia 920
""

whatsapp coming back soon... at least so it looks like - Microsoft Community

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
saw this on MS forums (posted by Joseph LeoNdlovu)

"This is response I got from Nokia with regard to Whatsapp, I hope it helps
"Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your concern, kindly note that The WhatsApp Messenger application for WP8 phones is being updated to a newer version and it will be available in the Microsoft Store by the end of this week so its better to wait for it as the application that you have download from Windows Phone (United States) is not compatible with Lumia 920
""

whatsapp coming back soon... at least so it looks like - Microsoft Community

The grammar and stuff doesn't look very professional. I'll believe it when I see it. But thanks for posting anyway.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, to be fair. It's only Daniel Rubino who says that Whatsapp is a piece of crap on all platforms.

That is because its laggy and has a huge amount of bugs, a buttload of server side problems that they never fix. Yet still has the most users because it was one of the first apps to do the whole text over wifi and data. If you have ever read his responses on it he is right on the money about all the problems.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That is because its laggy and has a huge amount of bugs, a buttload of server side problems that they never fix. Yet still has the most users because it was one of the first apps to do the whole text over wifi and data. If you have ever read his responses on it he is right on the money about all the problems.
Oh I agree, he's absolutely right. Whatsapp is a massive pile of crap on every platform. I only use Whatsapp because it has a massive userbase and the only SMS alternative that people I know on iPhone and Android will use.

I almost hope Facebook will buy it so everybody will jump away from it and use something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos