12-07-2012 08:29 AM
56 123
tools
    http://michael-marzan.tumblr.com/search/Lumia+

Tell me it does not look sexy. Go on.

Belkin hardshell/gel bumper (black/red)
    Lol I made a topic asking if the black with a colored cover on it would be a good replacement. I must it looks really nice but doesn't it make the phone even thicker? Is one handed typing even comfortable anymore?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    12-05-2012 04:54 PM
    For me the gorgeous 16GB 8X would be the same price as a black 920. I don't drive so won't need turn by turn and all that. I doubt I would use the 32GB space it seems overkill. If a yellow or cyan or white 920 were to roll out in Canada I would definitely get one of those. But for now there is only the black and there may never be any other colors in Canada. So would it even be worth it to get a black 920? Like how bad does it look in real life?
    I was in the same situation, and I chose to get a matte black Lumia 920. The amount of pluses outweigh the colour difference (Nokia app collection, Nokia hardware, Nokia support), however there are reports that colour varieties are coming to Canada, so if you can hold out a while longer... To give some reference, it was somewhere around 1.5months between when Canada received the Black 900 and Cyan 900. Also the black variety is matte while the colour versions are glossy.
    12-05-2012 05:02 PM
    I was in the same situation, and I chose to get a matte black Lumia 920. The amount of pluses outweigh the colour difference (Nokia app collection, Nokia hardware, Nokia support), however there are reports that colour varieties are coming to Canada, so if you can hold out a while longer... To give some reference, it was somewhere around 1.5months between when Canada received the Black 900 and Cyan 900. Also the black variety is matte while the colour versions are glossy.
    Just a follow up question, did the cyan come out 1.5 months after the official release or after the 'unofficial' release (like the 920 being available before official release). How long has it been since the rogers 920 release? Do you think there's any chance that the yellow 920 will come on rogers before January? I'm doubting it because the 920 seems to have a much stronger international demand than the 900.

12-05-2012 06:16 PM
    I went back and looked up my bills. I got the black 900 on April 16, and the cyan 900 on July 4. So it was actually 2.5 months. The Rogers Plus agent at polo park said last Friday that the cyan and yellow versions are coming soon. I wish they would get Red. :)
    12-05-2012 07:45 PM
    I went back and looked up my bills. I got the black 900 on April 16, and the cyan 900 on July 4. So it was actually 2.5 months. The Rogers Plus agent at polo park said last Friday that the cyan and yellow versions are coming soon. I wish they would get Red. :)
    Did you get the 900s immediately upon release? How did the agent know about the colors? Still I'm already excited. :D

Which one would you choose cyan or yellow?

12-05-2012 07:53 PM
    I'm guessing it was pretty near to day 1, for example I got the Lumia 920 on October 30th at noon. I think I'm going to wait for red, I just hope it comes; or I'll wait for the next 9XX device. My friend is using my cyan 900 now and even though I miss that colour, I want to try something different.
    12-05-2012 07:59 PM
    Batman Black, matte like the Tumbler. I think the color sort of legitimizes WP. I always felt like the cyan was more of a novelty than as phone when I had the 900. Cool color, but not taken seriously.

I get a lot more compliments on the black phone because it looks sleek/elegant. Plus with cyan, it was a blue tile scheme because nothing else looked good.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    12-05-2012 08:20 PM
    You could go with red.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    12-05-2012 08:24 PM
    For me the black phone was the only choice. I can't see myself in business meeting taking out a bright yellow phone. Besides my tiles will never clash with my phone! 😁
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    12-05-2012 08:29 PM
    That would make you the odd ball. :)
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    12-05-2012 11:02 PM
    I grabbed the black. Sorry, I'd never carry a multicolor phone. I get that other people like them, just not for me. Love it.
    12-05-2012 11:07 PM
    Lol I made a topic asking if the black with a colored cover on it would be a good replacement. I must it looks really nice but doesn't it make the phone even thicker? Is one handed typing even comfortable anymore?

It does make the phone only marginally thicker. But its only comfortable to text one handed if you have a pianist's fingers lol. The rubber offers grip and it also lifts the phone off the surface of the table to protect the lens/bezel or glass. Its not a full case, but a bumper as the back is exposed. A full case such as the otterbox defender would make the phone gigantic like an S3 or Note 2.
    Should you decide to get a case, try out a slim one. Mall kiosks are the way to go! I got my focus case awhile back at Devonshire mall in Windsor Ontario. I swear you guys have the best selection.
    12-06-2012 12:51 AM
    I went with the black,just liked the way it looked more.Not disagreeing that some of the other options are more striking,just feel that the black can fit into more situations more often,work,play etc.

But the fact that so many of us are discussing which colour is best,probably proves that Nokia was right in offering the range of options compared to a two colour choice only.
    theta orionis likes this.
    12-06-2012 02:50 AM
    I personally think the glossy colours give the phone a tacky look, and the matte black really compliments it and makes it look much more sleek, like it deserves.

I also don't think I'd feel comfortable being a bloke, walking round with a bright yellow phone lol.
    theta orionis likes this.
    12-06-2012 03:03 AM
    Black for me too. I spend an inordinate amount of time changing the theme colors😃 sometimes I'm feeling Cyan or Crimson or maybe I'm feeling more Mauve or Olive and the black body looks good with all of them. Matter of taste I guess but I'm with Jonzilla...not carrying a yellow phone!
    12-06-2012 03:18 AM
    I wouldn't have wanted a black phone cos it's a dull color, but as far as black phones go, Lumia 920 easily looks and feels the best to me out of all black phones I've ever seen, had or used.

Would've wanted a red 920, but didn't like the glossy finish.
    12-06-2012 03:21 AM
    Yellow was actually my first choice. But I didn't know it was glossy. This was a bit of a turnoff because the 920 is my first unibody device, I wanted to get something that rivaled the iPhone and felt expensive. Down the road I'll probably get a color though!
    12-06-2012 06:48 AM
    I got the black phone for the same reason I own a grey house and have never bought a red sports car. I am not a flashy type of guy and with the size of this phone, a yellow or cyan phone (as beautiful as they are) just scream "look at me".
    12-06-2012 06:56 AM
    I got the dull black 920. But if I ever get distraught over the color I plan on putting some pink Hello Kitty stickers on the back.
    imZadok likes this.
    12-06-2012 07:59 AM
    The matte finish for me is slippery. I swapped it for a glossy red finish for grip purposes.
    I also get to tell people about this phone because the "color" is getting attention.
    I did the same thing. Originally got the black matte bc I always get black. Realized after a few days that the matte was VERY slippery in my hands. Traded it for the only glossy available - white. The black is indeed very sharpe....but so are the other colors.
    12-06-2012 08:20 AM
    I got black just because I didn't want to have the issue of having a color theme that clashes with my phone's color
    12-06-2012 09:40 AM
    I have the black 920 because it is a neutral color and goes well with the color themes on the phone, the colored Lumia's are extremely sexy but as was stated by above poster, a bright phone doesn't always go well with everything or every situation... Besides, once you go black you don't go back! ;)
    12-06-2012 04:06 PM
    Seriously? I think black is SEXY
    12-06-2012 04:28 PM
    The black, white and grey options are the only ones Id consider. After owning a magenta lumia 800, the theme choice limitations it brings is not worth it.

Besides, a black 920 looks quite sleek, personally i have a black n9 which basically was the grandfather of the unibody polycarbonate design, and it looks mad pro.

I went with the white myself, as I feel it "pops" more without being limiting in themes.

BTW: dont we all just LOVE the fact that its not an AMOLED display, so we can finally use white background on the phone? God I love it.
    12-06-2012 04:33 PM
    It depends on your personality as well. Some guys can don't mind glossy finish while others prefer matte. I personally like Matte so I would get black OR wait for cyan to come to CA
    12-06-2012 04:37 PM
56 123