Display+Touch Update Available

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what they changed, but the screen still doesn't respond to my winter gloves. It does work if I wear a thin pair of gloves, but it was working with those gloves prior to the update.

Zenite

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the super sensitivity on/off setting was broken. If it was off and you turned it on you had to restart your phone until the super sensitivy mode kicked in. Atleast for me.

ripple23

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It can take 12 hours or so for the update notification to appear--it really depends on your location and how fresh our news was on the update (sometimes we get the link before anyone gets a notification). Obviously there are only Tile notifications, so without it being pinned, you won't see it (there are no Toast alerts).

Have you tried powering the phone off/on? There aren't widespread complaints of the Store notifications not working--not considered to be buggy by MS.

Store notifications don't work for me too (5 day old Lumia). I cant find display+touch, extra info in the store search too (maybe my search string is wrong). How do I search for this app in the store ?

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Repinned and then restarted phone, but nothing. Bummer. Maybe it will clear up in a few days.

How do I search for this app in the store ?
I tried manually searching for this as well and got nothing. I am in NJ, but seems like everyone around me has received the update.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the few apps you actually cannot search for. All of Nokia's "system" apps can only get update notifications, or you have to find a barcode to scan to get to them.

Also, if you find them in your windowsphone.com app history, you can look at it on your phone and get it from there.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I wasn't getting update notifications also. I had to wait 3 days for the updates to network+ and extras+info. I thought that was a little excessive, but oh well. Also, when wpcentral posts about a new app, I usually have to wait a half day before I can access it. Even if I scan the QR code in the post, it will not find the app even though a few other people say they don't have problems. Microsoft is punishing me for being a former iPhone user.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 810 is having this same issue. She's had the phone for about a week and still no notification on the extras+info update. I had to go in manually and update maps, etc. But can't do that with e+I or the screen sensitivity update. What's going on??

d_fens

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with not getting any updates. If I search for apps I know is updated I can do it manually, but this is not possible for system apps :(

Very annoying, and I cant find how to solve it.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
After reading the other thread about the usefulness of this feature, I tried the screen with gloves on again. The first time I tried it, i thought I had a defective unit. You have have press hard at first then it seems to calibrate. This feature will be awesome. Not sure if the update changed anything because I didn't use it prior, at least I didn't have it working.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I got this too, made it start downloading it while I was watching a movie, forgot about the whole thing! Gotta check it out.

I'm from Finland if that makes any difference in availability of the update.

Viktor Andersson

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem as well. What i did was go to the store, click on nokia collection, press the windows logo so the app doesnt shutdown. And then let it run in the background for awhile and after a couple of mins the update poped up on the livetile.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the super sensitivity on/off setting was broken. If it was off and you turned it on you had to restart your phone until the super sensitivy mode kicked in. Atleast for me.
just lock and unlock did the trick for me, stops working sometimes, I keep it off anyway most of the time..

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
This update has fixed my temperamental touch display. Sometimes the screen just wouldn't scroll at all but now it is silky smooth. Nokia are on the ball with updates unlike other phone companies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans