Display+Touch Update Available

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the updates by go to setting / accounts and long pressed the microsoft account and synced it.
Thanks for the input, It hasn't worked for me. I rebooted the device twice also.
I guess i will just wait for like 12 hours and see what happens.

Edit:
Got the update.

Last edited:

Polkka

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This update has fixed my temperamental touch display. Sometimes the screen just wouldn't scroll at all but now it is silky smooth. Nokia are on the ball with updates unlike other phone companies.
I agree. Nokia actually cares about the users...

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I expect it probably also had something to do with tweeking the battery usage of the touchscreen. Just anecdotal, but I did have less drain yesterday after the update. I am pretty sure Nokia is doing everything they can to minimize drain right now.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just a wild guess here. Does anyone with proximity sensor issues already installed this update? My black Lumia 920 with this issue is currently sent for repair to Nokia, but maybe this update fixes proxmity sensor sensitivity after many complaints about this?

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It really drives me crazy that the update process is so flakey. Still no update for me (in Michigan on AT&T). And I am almost never notified about regular app updates. I have to search for the app to see there's an update. Never saw such a mess on Android. Wish I knew how to fix this! ☹

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Never got the update either. Tried few trick posted above, didn't work. Im in NYC metro area.
I opened the market application, then i had to go out for a while. When i came back, the update was there.
I am not sure if keeping the market application open actually helped, or if it was a coincidence but i've got the update :)

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
It really drives me crazy that the update process is so flakey. Still no update for me (in Michigan on AT&T). And I am almost never notified about regular app updates. I have to search for the app to see there's an update. Never saw such a mess on Android. Wish I knew how to fix this! ☹

+1 It shouldn't take more than 24hrs for all users to see updates are available.

manunitedfan5

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I got the update yesterday afternoon and I'm with att and in Michigan as well, as far as other apps updates, I barely get any, I've had the phone for about a week now and only the first day I had 10 apps updates, so I'm guessing the apps are up to date..

SZRimaging

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the Northern Lower Peninsula, AT&T, and got the update last night, no issues...

Mantikos

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Calm down Lottidah they stagger the update notifications - everyone gets notified, they stagger the notifications of course you can go to the app and if an update is available manually initiate it before you even get a notification...but there is sound logic for staggered notifications

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't been able to receive updates on my Lumia for about a week.....
Still waiting for the "extras" and other previous updates to show on my Store App.

Saying that, I haven't received any notification for updates and have had to force App updates through searching for the app.....

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I got the updates by go to setting / accounts and long pressed the microsoft account and synced it.

You might be on to something here. I don't use my Microsoft account very much so I only sync daily. Maybe if this syncs more often I will get the notification. I'll play around with it.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the issue is staggered rollout. My wife and I both got the 810. We live together. My phone will get notifications. She hasn't received one yet. We have had our phones for about two weeks now. I have been contacting windows support about this. Hopefully we will get some answers!

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I got alot of Nokia updates (Maps, Music, City Lens, Access Point, Call+Sms, Feedback, Display+Touch & Extras+Info) just now. Just be patient and I'm sure they will show up soon enough.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Calm down Lottidah they stagger the update notifications - everyone gets notified, they stagger the notifications of course you can go to the app and if an update is available manually initiate it before you even get a notification...but there is sound logic for staggered notifications

What is the logic exactly?

I still don't have the prompt and others have said they have never had update prompts yet after weeks....is that sound logic?

I've tried syncing my account, rebooting, toggling WiFi, going in and out of the store...no luck. Again, never this sort of problem on Android and there is a much larger base on that platform.

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone, but it shouldn't be a mystery as to when I might get an update that my neighbor already has. And when I read about those who've never gotten updates, sure I'm concerned.

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
A little bit too sensitive, frankly.. I find I had to adjust to how sensitive it is in wordament, I was constantly grabbing extra letters

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs