Display+Touch Update Available

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
How do you get it? I checked for updates in the "phone update" part of the settings list but it says my phone already is up to date.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just had the update come through.

I wish Nokia would release a change log of improvements when something is released. I'm always interested to read what these updates do

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
How are you able to see what needs to be updated/has an update available without having to search for the specific app in the store?

a2thejay23

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
my store never prompts me for updates anymore, it used to for a week or two after i got the phone but now it doesn't show me updates unless i go in each app individually in the store and see if there is an update...unfortunately this method makes me miss out on all the nokia updates like sms, display+, network+...anyone else have this issue?

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How are you able to see what needs to be updated/has an update available without having to search for the specific app in the store?
Simple! Just pin the Store app to your front and a number will pop up near the icon whenever there are updates! I love the feature on the official WP Central app as well.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
did you have the store app pinned to the start screen?
No, I had unpinned it almost immediately after receiving my phone. I recall still being able to see what needed to be updated, and also remember there being apps in the store itself listed that needed updating, or maybe I am just getting the phone update and the store mixed up.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Mine stopped prompting me as well, about the same time as yours did. Was hoping I wasn't the only one. It really sucks.
It can take 12 hours or so for the update notification to appear--it really depends on your location and how fresh our news was on the update (sometimes we get the link before anyone gets a notification). Obviously there are only Tile notifications, so without it being pinned, you won't see it (there are no Toast alerts).

Have you tried powering the phone off/on? There aren't widespread complaints of the Store notifications not working--not considered to be buggy by MS.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
No, I had unpinned it almost immediately after receiving my phone. I recall still being able to see what needed to be updated, and also remember there being apps in the store itself listed that needed updating, or maybe I am just getting the phone update and the store mixed up.

you're not getting it mixed up. The store has a lists of updates at the bottom of the screen that you can download. I got my updates around noon today and I'm in Michigan. Like Mr. Rubino said it could be buggy or you need to just restart the phone. Also, updates could be rolled out in waves but that typically isn't the case.
Either way I hope your problem gets fixed. And think about repinning the store tile. Its handy at least for me

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I too have been having issues with my Store Live Tile regarding updates.....
I know there's an update for x App BUT the Live Tile nor does the Store App register there's an update and the only way is to manually search to force update....
I've done a hard reset to see if that's helped but as of yet still no updates for ANY app, bot just Nokia ones (which I know there's updates for like Drive and Maps)

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This actually made a big difference. I could never get my phone to be as sensitive as others, but now I can use it with my finger through 40 post it notes, and a metal usb flash drive or a water bottle as a stylus! I may be wasting my time.. :p However the consistent function of this has definitely improved over the older version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion