Display+Touch Update Available

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had similar delays in getting updates, even on my Samsung Focus. I have a theory that with just wifi turned on, you may not get notified on updates as often. I use wifi most of the time, and over the years, I have found that when I turned on my cellular data, I would get hit with a lot of update notifications. With Windows 8, because the wifi currently shuts off when the phone is off, maybe I am missing more notifications. I just turned on my cellular data for an hour or so, and I got 11 update notifications, one of them being this display and touch update. I turned off my data and updated them over wifi. Anyway, that is my theory based on what I have experienced over the last year and a half.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
What is the logic exactly?

I believe the logic is that if there are any new issues caused by a new update those issues would be contained within the group of people who get the update first. Once they can be sure that the update is without any new bugs they roll it out to everyone.

Most people don't pay that much attention to update schedules like we on this forum do, so if they get an update a 1-2 weeks later than the first users doesn't matter as much to most people.

leafghost

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It really drives me crazy that the update process is so flakey. Still no update for me (in Michigan on AT&T). And I am almost never notified about regular app updates. I have to search for the app to see there's an update. Never saw such a mess on Android. Wish I knew how to fix this! ☹

I got the update before wpcentral posted the news, and i'm in Michigan, Grand Rapids
I'm not sure what they did but since yesterday my battery is 1000 times longer. i've used it today for a long time since 10 am and its at 52% now(12:30 am the next day), i thought this might be a system error so i restarted the phone yet it still showed up the same!!!!!!!. really impressed with the battery but somthing else is changed today i'm getting LTE signal from At&t so i'm not sure if the LTE anttena sucks less power than the 3G/4G one.(i'm always on 3g cuz i have the 5GB date, so never on wifi even when i'm home on my phone)

i'll check if tomorrow i still get the same battery life or no

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Weird that I have been getting all the updates and my wife's phone still haven't received that feedback update or the display update in the market..I had to scan the QR codes for the extra update on

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Weird that I have been getting all the updates and my wife's phone still haven't received that feedback update or the display update in the market..I had to scan the QR codes for the extra update on

It's a waiting thing, I been waiting for the display +touch since WPcentral mention it. I think that was like two days ago. I received the update an hour ago.
Same thing with the other updates, some people get them right away, others later

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
if someone is able to please, post the QR codes to all five updates:

Network+
Extras + info
Feedback to Nokia
Display + touch
Access Point

The good thing is that once the QR code has been posted, the user can get the updates in future cos they have the QR code permanently

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So my wife just got all the updates she had missing. There was a whopping 8 shown on the store tile last night. I guess we will all eventually get them...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon