Bracketing in the Lumia 920. Three photos at different exposures (feature idea)

hm598

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
A feature that I have always valued in my DSLR as well as in my pocket camera (Canon S100) is automatic BRACKETING

When the shutter is pressed, three photos are taken rapidly... One at automatic standard exposure, one slightly "over exposed" and one slighly "under exposed"

I have this feature on all the time on my cameras, and I wish it were available on the very fine camera in the Nokia 920. I suspect this could be done completely in software, and that many amature photographers would find it very benificial..

Bracketing allows me to select from the three photos to find the photo that looks the best. It also allows me to use High Dynamic Range software on my PC to produce impressive HDR results.

Please, respond to this thread if you would also find such a feature to be valuable.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would think a camera app should be able to handle the exposure bracketing pretty easily. I haven't found one in the Marketplace though so far. (I bet they will come sooner or later.) The closest thing I found is Fhotoroom. Its camera functionality include manual placement of autoexposure target area. Kind of like spot metering. Not automatic bracketing but still handy at times when you know the scene is tricky for auto exposure.

BTW, Fhotoroom also has other nice editing features. I like the app a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo