Thinking about giving it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela McKinnon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So after 3 days, I think I might switch to iPhone - I can't get used to this design and the notifications (or lack of)

Any advice on staying with it?

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Only advice is to wait (Read that a notifications hub (or whatever you want to call it) was coming in 2013 when they update the OS).... or add whatever apps that your notifications to the start page. most apps display a number on the top right when you have new notifications.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So after 3 days, I think I might switch to iPhone - I can't get used to this design and the notifications (or lack of)

Any advice on staying with it?

If you provide us with a bit more information maybe we can suggest a few things. Information such as which notifications you feel are lacking would help? One of the great things about this design is that all the information that is important to you can be pinned to your home screen and is available instantly.

Angela McKinnon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like I said above, I really want a good Twitter app - there is nothing I have found (even paid apps) that will notify me each time I get a message or mention. I come from an iPhone family and was looking for a change, but maybe I should stick with what I know haha :(

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Did you look at Gleek? It will give you notifications on mentions and messages. Gleek will also pin a tile to your start screen that will allo you to go directly to Retweets of you. It is a pretty amazing Twitter client.

You can go back to the iphone and do what you have been doing since about 2007 and will be doing for the next couple of years. Or you can stay with Windows phone and look forward to some innovative and creative technology in the future. How about the People Hub that gives you all the latest FB/Twitter/Linkin/etc updates in one place. Does IPhone have that? How about pinning individual people's tiles to your start screen so you will see what they are up? Give it a little more time.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
it seems like every day there's these kinds of posts about people not liking something and want others feedback in an effort to try to convince them to stay with their device. in the end it is only you that can make the decision to stay or go. other people telling you to stay because they dont have a problem it doesnt change the fact that you may still have a problem with it.

Angela McKinnon

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
it seems like every day there's these kinds of posts about people not liking something and want others feedback in an effort to try to convince them to stay with their device. in the end it is only you that can make the decision to stay or go. other people telling you to stay because they dont have a problem it doesnt change the fact that you may still have a problem with it.

Well put :) I think you are right about that.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Windows Phone is very efficient, and you may grow to love it. But it does have a learning curve if you are used to different data management philosophies.

Here is how you can get your Twitter notifications.

Do you have your Twitter linked to your Microsoft Account?

If not, go into your email on your regular desktop computer and go to the upper right hand corner and click on your name.
Then choose Edit Profile
Choose Add Accounts

Add your Twitter Account.

Doing this will give you an alert, by sending you a text message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion