What kind of case are you using on your 920?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a case that is better than the Otterbox defender for the iPhone. It is called NO CASE for the 920. It is protective, yet doesn't take the beauty away.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Bought a hard two piece snap on case for mine. I love this phone and I'm sure I will baby it for the next two years, but you can never be too safe. Accidents happen all the time. A lot of us don't want to pay insurance, so a case is a pretty good buy. My case doesn't take away from the beauty of my L920 either, so it's the best of both world :p

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Speck case now and the screen protector AT&T pimps out. Still use wireless charging and the screen is very responsive.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Here are the 2 cases I got on eBay for $4-5 free shipping each.
Both fit great. I love the look of both . I use the black one for work and the cyan to cover my cyan 920 for the weekends and nights. Only issue with the cyan case is that it hugs the flash so a blue tint hits the pictures so you have to trim a little around the flash. They both provide really good grip
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got the belkin bumper case for mine. It shows off most of the beauty in the form of the phone, but protects against scratches when I lay it down on a table

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
No case. I've had tons of smartphones and I've never had a problem with scratches or dings or anything on any of them. Just take care of your stuff and you'll be fine. Besides, the feel of the phone without the case is ALWAYS better than with a case.

marius de klerk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got myself the Nokia CP-600 and absolutely love it.Really like the way you can use it as a stand in landscape mode.

However I have a black handset so do not mind it being completely covered up,if you want to show of your colours this is not the one for you.Also some will not appreciate the flap having to be opened to use the phone all the time,this does not bother me in the slightest,since the cover looks really classy and offers me the protection I need for my place of work which is not so extreme that it would require a Otterbox,but still requires the unit to be covered when not in use.

First Nokia I have ever bought in 15 years of having owned mobiles and pleasantly surprised by a)the unit and b)the amount of accessories available.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Why is it that they all seem to wrap all the way around the flash, except the red, which leave the space between the lens and the light open?

Also, they certainly don't have every color. They just seem to have every Lumia 920 color, as I see black, red, grey, cyan, white, and yellow. There isn't a darker blue or a green to be found in the gel cases, which is what I want. I'll have to decide on one soon, since Christmas is coming.

TunaTank

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe it! Those Worldshopping ones are great, but for a yellow 920... It's saddening. Looks like ****. Nowhere near the gorgeous color of the glossy yellow.

I'm looking for something that still shows off the beauty of the yellow, but adds protection. Somewhere along the line, I must have dropped mine and it landed on the corner; the corner of my glass is cracked. Still functions great, but it reminds me when your job requires you to be in the field, and not behind a desk, exactly why you need to have a case. Oh, and I've been babying it, and it has a scratch on the glass and a ton of scratches on the back. Oh, the woes of an electronics tech.

Gadgetry

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Belkin surround case on my Red 920. It doesn't offer complete coverage but it cover the tops and sides which seem to be more susceptible to damage. When laying down the front nor back of the phone touches the surface it's laying on. I didn't want to cover up the red since that seems to be a fairly scarce color here.

Belkin Surround.png

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that they all seem to wrap all the way around the flash, except the red, which leave the space between the lens and the light open?

Also, they certainly don't have every color. They just seem to have every Lumia 920 color, as I see black, red, grey, cyan, white, and yellow. There isn't a darker blue or a green to be found in the gel cases, which is what I want. I'll have to decide on one soon, since Christmas is coming.

you lost me, isnt this thread talking about lumia 920 cases? and you said they just seem to have every lumia color? well yea, it's a lumia 920 case. i didnt know the 920 came in green or a darker blue. also if you searched amazon for the same case, i do see a green one. and not all of them wrap around the flash, there are others of the same color that dont wrap around the flash.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I would really like it naked but I am too worried about the phone. My last phone (HD7) didnt have a case but I literally dropped it over 100 times. On concrete, roads, and everything. The corners are really bad on it so I knew I had to get a case for 920 since they have pointy corners. Plus dont want to risk it breaking even though I doubt it would.

I went to mall several times and they kept telling me they would get one the next day then said two weeks. So I bought a cheap one on Amazon.
Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Protective Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
duras.jpg
Its a Dura S, its a nice case. It has a grip on the sides and pretty much covers the whole phone. They reviewed a couple on this site already after I got one, I havent had any camera problems from it. I dont like the bottom piece that goes above the charging port though. It gets in the way and theres extra material so it kinda folds out. I hope they fix that problem if I get another one. Its kinda thick but not too bad also the buttons on side can be hard to press at times but you get use to it.

I also have Armor suit military clear protector for the while phone. I mean it literally is covering the whole thing, sides and below/top part above screen. They say lifetime replacements and the screen is still super sensitive.

So my phone is extra protected. Looks good with the black on white though.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
you lost me, isnt this thread talking about lumia 920 cases? and you said they just seem to have every lumia color? well yea, it's a lumia 920 case. i didnt know the 920 came in green or a darker blue. also if you searched amazon for the same case, i do see a green one. and not all of them wrap around the flash, there are others of the same color that dont wrap around the flash.

My point is that they don't have "every" color. They have 5 colors, and red is the only of the gel cases I saw that didn't fully wrap around the lens and the flash. I've been wanting one of these, but none of those colors interest me, which is disappointing. I've yet to find a decent case in a decent color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077