Wireless Charging & the Lumia 920

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 920 in yellow way back on the 9th and just received it yesterday. All I have to say is that it meets my expectations and I love the color.

I also purchased a Powermat x2 charging plate for $20 on amazon. I can confirm-it does not use the Qi standard. I placed my phone on the dock, it appears to charge, but within a minute or so it stops "charging". I'm assuming that it rejected the connection.

I also bought an HP Touchstone (before the fiasco), but for $6, it wasn't worth sending the charger back.

I ORDEED NON-COMMITMENT. Somebody said here that AT&T will not honor a free charging plate.

When I ordered the phone, I tried adding the charge plate. It insisted on charging me $50 (which is OUTRAGEOUS IMO).

I called AT&T tonight, got a very helpful rep who told me that he could order a charge plate for me. Even better, I was able to get white. He also waived the shipping fees.

My advice: Don't stop trying for the free plate, and triple check for the Qi standard on third party chargers.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 920 in yellow way back on the 9th and just received it yesterday. All I have to say is that it meets my expectations and I love the color.

I also purchased a Powermat x2 charging plate for $20 on amazon. I can confirm-it does not use the Qi standard. I placed my phone on the dock, it appears to charge, but within a minute or so it stops "charging". I'm assuming that it rejected the connection.

I also bought an HP Touchstone (before the fiasco), but for $6, it wasn't worth sending the charger back.

I ORDEED NON-COMMITMENT. Somebody said here that AT&T will not honor a free charging plate.

When I ordered the phone, I tried adding the charge plate. It insisted on charging me $50 (which is OUTRAGEOUS IMO).

I called AT&T tonight, got a very helpful rep who told me that he could order a charge plate for me. Even better, I was able to get white. He also waived the shipping fees.

My advice: Don't stop trying for the free plate, and triple check for the Qi standard on third party chargers.

Good that they give it you, because by this time i wasn't expect them to do it. Remember that the promo was to the first to buy the phone while they last (the chargers). Also they usually don't give it when you buy off contract. I manage to buy my phone on the 12 last month from AT&T store and they didn't give me the charger. I purchased the phone at regular price. Yesterday i bought the Wireless stand not the plate and it was marked at $69 but the guy gave it to me at $56 and i'm not a subscriber. There are some reps that know how to do business and attract customers but others are just mean and don't care and the majority of them are rude

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine off contract from an Authorized Reseller. They didn't know anything about the free charger until I said something about it. The sales rep made a few calls and then told me they would inform me when stock arrived. I went to the store to pick it up and it rang up full price. They had to do a price override to make it free.

Long story short, if you paid full price don't let them cheat you out of your free charger.

la3z

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I wouldn't bother, there seems to be a lot of issues with the 920 and wireless charging.

I have the charging plate and can confirm that it doesn't work at all. LED comes on, but the idicator on the phone never does. Seems like it actually drains the battery as it rapidly discharges whenever I place it on the pad for any period of time.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I wouldn't bother, there seems to be a lot of issues with the 920 and wireless charging.

I have the charging plate and can confirm that it doesn't work at all. LED comes on, but the idicator on the phone never does. Seems like it actually drains the battery as it rapidly discharges whenever I place it on the pad for any period of time.

Bollocks. I have three 920s in my household and we purchased three wireless charging stands. They all function perfectly. We've all been using them since Saturday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes