Rogers Lumia 920

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I really would like to get a Lumia 920.

Obviously I cant get it from AT&T because it would just be a dud. Ebay/clove/other third party vendors are sold out/too expensive.

My sister said she can maybe (if stock allows ) pick up one from Rogers for me. My only problem with that is that Rogers only offers it in... ugh.. Black...

Any color other than black will work fine for me. Black is so..well... black! :/

I saw that yellow may be coming to Rogers soon. Does anyone have an idea of when this will be? Should I just suck it up and take the black, or put my tail between my legs and wait?

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone else on here did confirm, through an e-mail to the CEO, that they (Nokia) are working with Rogers to bring more colours. However you wanting to wait or not depends on how soon you want to have this phone obviously.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My sister is coming home on Christmas eve from Canada. I would like this phone NOW.

I've never seen one in real as no one in my country has one as yet... Maybe if I saw one I would be more appreciative of the black.

But to me, as it is right now. Black seems boring. Unless others can share their thoughts on the black?

Additionally, my car is red. My laptop is red. I would love to have gotten a red one.

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I doubt Rogers will have the other colours by Christmas. And black, yes, it's...just black and boring, unfortunately. But you wouldn't have problem getting a Rogers one, stock-wise, plenty of stock it seems over here.

MetroAbe

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
First, your sister can go to MS store at Eaton center or Yorkdale mall and buy one outright for $550 without any paperwork.
Second, I also wanted a yellow or cyan one but ended up getting black and so far I am glad that I got it because it looks ultra classy and sleek especially if you use it with a thin black case with a matte rubbery coating that's sold at MS store.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First, your sister can go to MS store at Eaton center or Yorkdale mall and buy one outright for $550 without any paperwork.
Second, I also wanted a yellow or cyan one but ended up getting black and so far I am glad that I got it because it looks ultra classy and sleek especially if you use it with a thin black case with a matte rubbery coating that's sold at MS store.

For 550 , it is unlocked? The MS stores has in stock?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it look like peaple have probleme unlocking the Rogers lumia 920...

Quite the opposite actually. Rogers is able to unlock their 920 and there are guides available on this forum detailing this also. Costs $50 though. What isn't successful yet is online unlockers but aside from getting a run around, Rogers has no issue unlocking their own phone, for a fee. I also confirmed this with them yesterday.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. She told me she can get it from rogers for 620cdn unlocked and off contract. Taxes included.

Sounds good to me :/

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. She told me she can get it from rogers for 620cdn unlocked and off contract. Taxes included.

Sounds good to me :/
That would sound good to me too, as that is only the cost of the phone + tax. ($550 + HST)
Are you sure your sister is able to get this phone without signing up for a month-to-month plan ($27 + HST) - doesn't matter if you already have a Rogers account.
Are you sure your sister is able to get this phone unlocked for free (instead of the $50 + HST Rogers charges?)

Or are the latter two her GIFT to you! :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for her to get her butt in the store to find out.
Gift. LOL. She might get me the phone and get me a red case as the gift ;)

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for her to get her butt in the store to find out.
Gift. LOL. She might get me the phone and get me a red case as the gift ;)

YMMV, but I've heard that you can possibly avoid the month to month charge if you already have an existing Rogers account. Buy the phone on the active account as a zero term purchase. Pay full price so it doesn't affect HUP or contract terms. Been told that is allowed and I can confirm once I go in the store to purchase. The unlock fee, however, is unavoidable. At least it's a way to avoid the $27 + HST charge.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No, not unlocked if bought at MS Store.
Rogers will do it for $50 and you will not be able to purchase, even from MS Store, without signing up for at least a month to month plan ($27)
MS Store is able to sell you the phone without a Rogers contract/plan if they have too. That's what happened with me when I bought one from there. They called Rogers for me to sign up but I was told over the phone that the system is offline and I can go ahead and purchase the phone without opening an account, which MS agreed to do. The phone was locked, though.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
MS Store is able to sell you the phone without a Rogers contract/plan if they have too. That's what happened with me when I bought one from there. They called Rogers for me to sign up but I was told over the phone that the system is offline and I can go ahead and purchase the phone without opening an account, which MS agreed to do. The phone was locked, though.

You got lucky then! :) For the majority of cases where the Rogers system is online, this will not work. Since many people are Rogers customers, or know someone who is, this is a workaround to save a few more bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb