Happy Lumia 920 & WP8 users Club

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived today. It's fantastic, the quality here is frankly beyond what I was expecting. I could never go back to using Android after this, it's just no comparison.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Nokia 920. My favorite features are:

- Windows Phone 8: the interface is attractive, clean, fast and the live tiles provide good information
- Ergonomics: feels good in my hand, controls are logically placed, beautiful and durable design
- Audio: output sound is very good, has an equalizer and Dolby Headphone is not just a gimmick
- Telecommunications: LTE, Wi-Fi, internet sharing, Bluetooth, NFC all work flawlessly
- Skydrive: It is seamless and allows me to access content from all my other devices
- Video recording: much better than expected, excellent for a phone
- Nokia: the company really seems to listen to their customers and try to provide a quality product
- Wireless charging: thought it wouldn't be useful but it is pretty handy

What I am hoping to see:
- A couple of more apps I want, which are rumored to be released soon: Nook and Spotify. Otherwise I don't feel I am missing anything essential.
- The ability to add music tracks to playlists on the phone. This sounds minor but for me it is a huge advantage that Spotify has over Xbox Music.
- Adjustment of the camera to improve sharpness and focus in daylight photos.

PS- I've not had a problem with battery life.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Happy Lumia 920 users Club

Absolutely in love with my L920! I had a Samsung Focus previously and loved WP7 and Mango, but unfortunately my phone got stolen 2 weeks ago, I was going to buy a WP8 next year but I needed a phone so I got my Lumia yesterday! I wish they have other colours than black but in fact I'm loving my black phone a lot, it looks MUCH nicer in person, and I definitely don't regret the decision.

The phone has been great so far, some minor things yes, but so does every phone, not just WP8 or L920. Overall I would use this phone rather than iPhone or G3 any day!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have owned WP devices sense the beginning of WP. I have to say my Storm Trooper L920 is the best device of any OS that I have owned.

I would very much like to join the club.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I knew what I was getting into being an early adopter, and I consciously reset all expectations for how and whether things should work before buying the 920. I'm totally happy with it - all the basics work great (phone, txt, push email with Outlook.com and Gmail). The camera is actually better than I had hoped for - which was my only expectation of the phone beforehand, and I find the UI slick, new and intuitive. I still have my old Android and iPhone, neither of which I liked as much as the 920, so I can still use the apps that aren't available for WP8 yet.

I love this phone :love:

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Count me in as a very happy camper. Coming from WP7 (Focus), I find L920 ridiculously fast. It seems all the apps I used to use load and run many times faster. I didn't expect this much improvement. Pictures and videos flat out destroy every other cameras out there especially in low light, which is a very big deal to me as a photo enthusiast. Last but not least, the new WP8 UI goes extremely well with Lumia's body design. Nokia and Microsoft really nailed it in my opinion. Worth putting it in the Museum of Modern Art! Everyone I showed it to are really impressed by it.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Count me in as a very happy camper. Coming from WP7 (Focus), I find L920 ridiculously fast. It seems all the apps I used to use load and run many times faster. I didn't expect this much improvement. Pictures and videos flat out destroy every other cameras out there especially in low light, which is a very big deal to me as a photo enthusiast. Last but not least, the new WP8 UI goes extremely well with Lumia's body design. Nokia and Microsoft really nailed it in my opinion. Worth putting it in the Museum of Modern Art! Everyone I showed it to are really impressed by it.

Exactly like me!! I loved my focus but L920 just blew it away!

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Dear All Windows Phone Owners,
We Are Living In Exciting & Epochal Time !
It's A Beginning of A New Mobile Era !
The Sun Is Slowly But Surely Rising On A Groundbreaking Mobile Platform !
DON'T MISS IT, My Fellow Pioneers ;)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
BUMP. Positive threads need promoting. Haha still loving my 920. One in-app freeze only so far, mostly caused by app compatibility.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Moving up from a Samsung Focus, I purchased my 920 the day it hit AT&T stores. Absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. And it will only get better as they roll out OS updates and new apps.

xcen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used the camera to snap some (what I'm sure to be) impressive photos, but currently the thing that REALLY makes me love this phone is the screen. It's just so much better than so many other screens out there, and what I noticed is that the 60fps PureMotion scrolling experience is tremendously boosted by the screen's low friction (which caused the phone to glide freely if you put in face down on a low friction surface). Swiping and scrolling just feels to effortless and natural.

Battery life has been fine, but I was expecting more. It's just my 3rd day so hopefully it will improve. Moderate to heavy usage lasts me about 10 hours, which is much better than what a lot of people are experiencing on their Lumias. (Standby with data off and WiFi occasionally activating itself for 11 hours only took 4% out of the battery, impressive.)

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Amazing phone. Beautiful OS. No major issue since last 10 days of purchase. I am moving from Nokia N95 8GB (2008) ;-) Skipped all what was offered by iOS and Android because didn't find it exciting. Found Windows Phone really attractive but resisted till now. Lumia 920 finally made me switch. It is very nice to be still using a Nokia as I have been their user since I started using mobile phone around 15 years ago. I am glad that they have made just an amazing device.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. This phone is a thing of beauty, sometimes I feel like it is too nice to actually use and would be better served on display as a piece of artwork. It just looks and feels amazing and the WP OS really compliments it extremely well.

In regards to usability, sure I'm missing a few things from my android phone (mainly a lack of notifications, specifically from facebook) but I can get past it for now and hopefully Microsoft can improve on what they've got in the coming months.

Overall, really happy. It has pretty much become my favourite device I've owned in just a few days of owning it, Nokia and Microsoft have done a great thing with this phone.I know I wouldn't have got the same experience should I have went another Android or iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa