Headphones for your 920?

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Aerial7 Choppers (these: http://i50.tinypic.com/b3qstf.jpg) and they are awesome because of the amount of cushioning they provide. However, I've had them for three years and they're beginning to fall apart, not to mention that the call handling doesn't work very well with the 920.

I had my eye on the Nokia Purity wired on-ears for a while because it would be sweet to have a set that matches my phone, but they look like they'd slip off of my head pretty easily. I also have not been able to find a pair to try out in person yet.
Anyone have a pair? How's the sound? Are they comfortable?

If not, what kind of headphones do you have?

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ear buds for me. Can't mess my hair! hehehe. I love my Urbanears. In-line mic and mute/pause button. Great deep sound and I don't look like a doofus who escaped from a recording studio.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Ear buds for me. Can't mess my hair! hehehe. I love my Urbanears. In-line mic and mute/pause button. Great deep sound and I don't look like a doofus who escaped from a recording studio.

^ I can only use ear buds too for the same reason - the hair =p Plus, I have never liked the look of the ones that go over the head, just too bulky and not comfortable to me.

Oh, I've been using the purity in-ear ones. It took awhile to get the right fit though, I had to use the second smallest inserts because everything else kept slipping out of my ear but these are pretty stable.

s0briquet

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd been using etymotics hf5 with the inline mic when I had my iphone, but now that I have upgraded im wondering if there are any high quality in-ear options with an inline mic that work with wp8? if I cant find any, i will likely just pick up a pair of klipsch x10's

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My problem is that every in-ear headset I've tried always ends up giving me a headache within maybe fifteen minutes of wear, or they fall out. I will probably end up purchasing another pair of Aerial7s because the sound and fit is pretty incredible for the price, even though a lot of their designs are obnoxious... I'm beginning to think that I am just far too picky. But I'll be keeping an eye out for any future opinions here or in other threads!

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Honestly if in ear headphones are giving you a headache, they're not inserted properly and/or using the wrong tip. My suggestion would be to get memory foam "comply" type tips, and not jam them into your ears as far as they can go. Lightly insert them, and put the wires up and over your ears, hanging down the back, so they don't fall out as easy. I'd start with JVC marshmallows, as they're cheap, come with the foam tips, and you can colormatch to your phone. They don't have a built in mic, but it's good to see if you can get used to them without paying a ton. I'd also look into Meelectronics M6, which you can get with or without a mic for about $20, and they're a great sounding budget pair. There are a few other under $20 suggestions I could give, if you're interested.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Price isn't too important as long as it's not $400 for a pair of in-ears, haha. I've tried what you are saying in the past, but I think that maybe my ears just do not want to cooperate. Had a pair of marshmallows a year ago but they would constantly fall out. Always open to suggestions.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a pair of the purity on-ear that you are talking about. They didn't sound that great, and your suspicion is correct: they are a bit slippery on the head. I assume it's because they are on-ear, and not over-ear. It looks like your Aerial7 Choppers are over-ear.

If I was you, I would order a set of purity in-ears and see if you can handle them. I know some people can't. They do have different sized tips included. They sound quite good, and the controller (pause/play/next/previous/volume) works perfectly. If you don't like them, return them.

Another, more expensive, option is the upcoming purity on-ear bluetooth model. They come in colors to match the 920, and can be used with bluetooth or with a cable. I haven't seen a confirmed price, but my guess would be in the $299-350 range.

Personally, I am using the dr dre beats over-ear at the moment. They actually sound great now that I've tweaked the sound with the 920's equalizer. I kept the cable from my purity in-ear so I can switch tracks and control volume. Really nice combo.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Bose MIE2 - work great with the Lumia. Just make sure you get the MIE2 and not the MIE2i - the latter only work on Apple devices

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Krystea, I used vinyl/silicone "guides" that basically loop over the cords and hold them over your ear. This is a good example, mine came free with the IEMs I ordered: Aud?o - Perfect Fit Earphones

That being said, if even the foam tips fell out of your ears, it might be that you just have tiny ear canals *shrug*

SmoothDog

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I had these about a year ago. Had great range for Bluetooth, looked good, and fit great on my melon. Loved them until I simply got sweat on them after a long hot day and a run. I spend around $40 on them and wax so depressed when they died. I got me some JayBird's now and they work great. I even forgot they were in my pocket of my pants, washed them with my clothes, and they still worked! They don't have great range though as the Nokia's I could walk around whole room and not lose connection. Jaybird's are only about 15 feet.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Price isn't too important as long as it's not $400 for a pair of in-ears, haha. I've tried what you are saying in the past, but I think that maybe my ears just do not want to cooperate. Had a pair of marshmallows a year ago but they would constantly fall out. Always open to suggestions.

Westone 2

Amazon.com: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEM new model with multiple ear tips and Innovic Shell Case: Electronics

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

I am just not sure if the 920 is a good enough source for you to take full advantage of what those offer in terms of sound.. especially the gr07 .. at 50Ω you might need an amp.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I had these about a year ago. Had great range for Bluetooth, looked good, and fit great on my melon. Loved them until I simply got sweat on them after a long hot day and a run. I spend around $40 on them and wax so depressed when they died. I got me some JayBird's now and they work great. I even forgot they were in my pocket of my pants, washed them with my clothes, and they still worked! They don't have great range though as the Nokia's I could walk around whole room and not lose connection. Jaybird's are only about 15 feet.

are you speaking of the nokia bh505? if so, this is no good. my plan was to use the bh505 for my jog and i do sweat like a pig. sweat-proof is very important.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb