Headphones for your 920?

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Jaybird Bluebuds X, so far they are the best Bluetooth ear buds/head set I have ever had. I got this primarily to work out with. They have excellent sound quality and the battery lasts 8 hours. The best part is with the ear fins they stay in my ears while I'm running or head banging or what ever that Gangnam style dance is called LOL. Are they worth $165.00 to me yes, so long as they don't short out from me sweating. So far this is the best solution I've found for working out by far, I hate wires!!!

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm looking for a new pair of headphones as well. My 4yr old Seinheisers are starting to show signs of wear and will need replaced soon. I've been looking at the Westone 4r, Shure SE535, Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro, etc. I love listening to music. Most of the time I'm using my Zune device but now I'll be using them with my 920. If they can also be used for practicing my guitar that'd be a bonus as well. I just don't like that I can't easily try them out before I buy.

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i personally use skullcandy full metal jackets, the best earbuds i can find for under $50, i got mine on amazon for $25, but they retail for $69, the lows, mids and highs are superb, and quality is SUPERB, i can guarantee that people will tell me they are crap because they are skullcandy, but they sound better than my cousins earphones, who has over ear beats monitors and beats in ear headphones, these sound better than both, and are comparable to my best friends bose Quietcomfort headphones.

if you're not short on cash, id suggest some bose AE2i headphones, im asking for those for Christmas

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Aerial7 Choppers (these: http://i50.tinypic.com/b3qstf.jpg) and they are awesome because of the amount of cushioning they provide. However, I've had them for three years and they're beginning to fall apart, not to mention that the call handling doesn't work very well with the 920.

I had my eye on the Nokia Purity wired on-ears for a while because it would be sweet to have a set that matches my phone, but they look like they'd slip off of my head pretty easily. I also have not been able to find a pair to try out in person yet.
Anyone have a pair? How's the sound? Are they comfortable?

If not, what kind of headphones do you have?

i have akg k81dj over ear headphones (Amazon.com: AKG K181DJ DJ-Style Headphones: Musical Instruments) that i wear alot. the sound reproduction is very nice. nice highs and mids with rich bass. i commute on the metro bus alot so they are good for blocking out noise while i listen to my music. my next headphone purchase will probably be Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATHM50S Professional Monitor Headphones: Home Audio & Theater. those are even better than my akg's. i dont really like the buds because they end up agitating my ear.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find some new earphones to get as well. I'm using my Zune HD's pair, but they're about done. I've never really spent on any (most is about $35), as I seem to have horrible luck. The ones that actually last long enough (had one pair stolen, one run over by a car) seem to always have the cabling split. I figured I was winding them too tightly and tried to stop that, but the cabling still splits and exposes the wires.

Does anyone have any suggestions for nice earphones with a durable cable, or some tips to keep that from happening with earphones in general? I've considered over-ear headphones, but I'd rather not have that massive thing around my neck while I'm not using them, and I often like to walk with just one in while I have people talking to me. Not really sure on a price, but seeing as it's about Christmas, sub-$150 should be fine, though not sure I'd want to actually spend more than about $75.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Try Munitio. They're not to expensive, and are high quality sound, and cables. (they have been compared beats but cheaper in price. each comes with a 2 year warranty and they have great costumer support

tangram123

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Count me in the "new headphones" territory. I haven't had earbuds in a long time because my two parrots will wreck them in no time - like when I unboxed my Lumia 920, went to pour a cup of tea, and came back to them munching on the headphone cable, ruining them before I even had a chance to use them :/

While I do have a larger pair of over-ear headphones, I'm looking for earbuds that work with the Lumia 920 since I'm tired of carrying the huge headphones around with me everywhere and want something more pocketable. I've looked into a lot of brands and looked everywhere over the internet, but aside from the Purity line, I don't see any that let you skip tracks, which is the only feature I really use on the inline control. I don't use the mic, or play / pause that often, but I'd love to be able to skip tracks.

Even ones that say that they're compatible with Windows Phone, aren't fully. You can pause / unpause but the skipping ability isn't available for WP8. Thanks for any ideas!

Starfire

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Sennheiser HD-280s if you want a full headset, they are easy to power by a phone but sill sound awesome, take a couple days of breaking in, but super clear and quite audiophile for the price. I've had mine for years and still holding up, just had to replace pads, but easy and not expensive.

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have Beats Studios which are really comfy and sound amazing. The key is finding ones that sit over your ears rather than on them. I don't even realise I have them on anymore they are so comfy.

To be fair I probably spend more time wearing headphones than not - I use Turtle Beaches X41s for my Xbox :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Beats Studios which are really comfy and sound amazing. The key is finding ones that sit over your ears rather than on them. I don't even realise I have them on anymore they are so comfy.

To be fair I probably spend more time wearing headphones than not - I use Turtle Beaches X41s for my Xbox :)

Yeah, I have the Turtle Beach X11 that I got a year ago for Christmas because I wanted something to work with both my Xbox and my PC. They're pretty nice, especially having the dual volume knobs.

brado32

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So discussion is around earbuds.. Not to hijack, but my skull candy headphones that i used for years with my iphone 4, do not work on my new 920. What ear buds do you guys recommend that will fully work on the 920. Ie. music controls, volume, and mic ??

thanks

confused Brad

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a decent ear bud style headphones sub $30 that has the volume/call control for the 920? The ones that come with the phone are not that good, I sound so far.
I'm in Canada if it matters

tangram123

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Brad, as far as I know these are the only in-ear headsets that work seamlessly with the 920 at the moment: Nokia Purity by Monster

The Bose MIE2 (NOT the MIE2i) earbuds are supposed to be fully compatible according to an e-mail I sent them, but I'm too afraid to try. The Purity earbuds are more or less nonexistant in Canada, and the only place that has them is the Microsoft store in Toronto. I gave them a call, since I'm going there for Christmas and figured why pay for shipping when I can wait a few extra days and save on shipping and customs, and they told me that what they had now was all they had left, and they weren't going to be able to order any more. When I asked for clarification he told me they were discontinued. Not sure about the over-ear headphones, but WP8 accessories overall are nonexistant in Canada and it's pretty irritating.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the immersion isport headphones from Monster, they are great stylish and waterproof but unfortunately on the play/pause control works with WP, so volume and mic both don't work..
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)