Are Charging Plates Still Backordered?

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone on 11/9 and I'm STILL waiting for my charging plate. AT&T store said they would phone me when they got them in. I got tired of waiting, so tried the online AT&T chat. They said they would send me one. That was 10 days ago, and my order hasn't shipped yet, still says processing. Either they are backordered or they just can't ship them out quick enough. Maybe one day I'll get my charging plate.....

striker1064

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with a rep today who said they're still out of stock and they don't know when they will be getting more. I ordered my phones on 11/24, so I'm way behind most people in the pecking order anyway.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone on 11/9 and I'm STILL waiting for my charging plate. AT&T store said they would phone me when they got them in. I got tired of waiting,.....

I did the same. They called me the day after Thanksgiving and said that they were not getting any in the store anytime soon and were just going to order one for me. By 11-30 I had not seen an email for the order and went into my local store. They showed no record of the order and went ahead and placed on order then. That was Friday - I received the charger on Tuesday.

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the same. They called me the day after Thanksgiving and said that they were not getting any in the store anytime soon and were just going to order one for me. By 11-30 I had not seen an email for the order and went into my local store. They showed no record of the order and went ahead and placed on order then. That was Friday - I received the charger on Tuesday.

I forgot to mention.....It looks like they ordered me the Cyan plate, even though we are only mean't to get the black. Maybe that's what's causing the delay for me.

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
When I called in last week to ask about mine (it ended up never getting ordered) the rep actually looked up the number of each color they had in stock, not sure how accurate (I'm going from memory on the numbers as well) or true it is but, Black -1100, and all other colors were between -300 and -500. He told me that since they're negative numbers that's how many were ordered and had not been fulfilled due to them being out of stock. In other words the free chargers (he tried to get me a colored one but his manager said that it says specifically in the contract they have with Nokia that they be black) had a wait list of about 1100 as of last Tuesday. He didn't have any idea how long it would be before they got more or enough to fill the back log.

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they will be sent soon. I got my phone on 11/9 and the black charging pad shipped on 11/27 and received it on 12/3.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me, I got my Lumia 11/9. They said they would call me, I went back over a week later to see if they forgot. They said they placed an order for me and would call but I havent heard anything yet. I was really excited to use wireless charging as well and still waiting to try it out.

swimdng

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, still backordered. Ordered mine 12/1, still waiting. But the ATT store rep was helpful to allow me to order a white charging plate. Will see if I indeed get it, and hopefully soon. My battery has been really good though. Last a full day and still have more than 50% battery at end of day.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked today (12/6) for a charging accessory at a local AT&T store. They had none of the plates but they had a couple of the stands! That's what I was hoping for but was willing to "settle" for the plate. So, if you're flexible, check with the physical stores.

em dot

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
bought my Lumia on 11/25 and received my charging plate today in the mail. my buddy who bought his Lumia the beginning of nov. also received his today.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My order from Monday (12/3) updated to shipped last night. Delivery will be on Monday.This was a charger I paid for, not a free one. Black one.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am confused how a lot of people are getting them and they had them ordered recently and some of us who got it at launch are still waiting.

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine earlier this week after buying 920 on 22/9. It works great with the Ottoerbox Commuter case. I also bought a Zens earlier and it works fine also. Wireless charging is a great feature.

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am confused how a lot of people are getting them and they had them ordered recently and some of us who got it at launch are still waiting.

I called AT&T about every three days complaining. I hate to admit this but I now have received three of them. I think each customer service rep placed an order. I was very impressed with how nice the AT&T folks were. they used to be awful to deal with.

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That's odd... I ordered charging stands (black) easily online (which were showing availability on AT&T's wireless accessory section online just like the plates) and they shipped out within a few days - I got them within a week of ordering. That was just less than 2 weeks ago. I just ordered another charging stand (white) a few minutes ago and the order is already in process to their warehouse for shipping.

On top of that, the two Fatboy charging pillows (black) that I ordered only a week and a half ago just shipped today from Expansys-USA - so there is definitely some supply out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)