Can the phone be turned off while charging? Plus misc questions...

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can the phone be turned off while charging? If I turn off the phone first, then plug it to charge, of course the phone will turn on.

But if I charge first, then turn it off, the phone will shut off for a few seconds, then it comes back on again. Anyway around this?

Misc Questions:

1. I am looking to put the battery percentage (%) at the top. Is this possible?
2. When you hold and press on the "back" arrow, it takes you to a page where you see multiple tabs. What is this for? I thought it is to close various apps but you can't really do that.

Thanks!

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You can't turn off the phone while charging. I noticed you have prior posts about the charging speed. If you are looking to charge it faster, you may want to try turning on battery saver mode which will turn off certain background tasks, like email checking.

There is no way to show battery % at the top currently. There are live tile apps.

When you long press the back arrow key, it will show you the list of active apps that you can switch to (WP8's form of multitasking). The back arrow key when short pressed it used to close apps. If you want to close an app, long press the back arrow, select the app, then short press the back arrow until the app closes.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just a clarification - apps aren't 'active' when you aren't using them (a part from music apps I believe). They get put into a state of 'hibernation,' but they aren't running in the background as if you had them open and we're using them.

Savin Wangtal

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Just a clarification - apps aren't 'active' when you aren't using them (a part from music apps I believe). They get put into a state of 'hibernation,' but they aren't running in the background as if you had them open and we're using them.
If they are active, why do they have to restart every time I restart the app? Seems counter-intuitive for something that is "hibernating" in lieu of how we used it on PCs.

Ah well. Guess I'll just mute the thing when I go to bed (there are surprising amount of people who love to IM each other at 2 in the morning it turns out). Anyone know how to make the phone simply silent (also not vibrate)?

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The phone can be set to silent from within the relevant Settings page.
Go to "ringtones + sounds", and click on the toggle next to the Vibrate option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb