Why is there a rectangle covering the ffc & speaker

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this dark rectangle starting at the left side of the phone headset speaker to the o in Nokia. I've wipes my screen multiple times but I think its just the glass. Its not a big deal but seeing it is annoying me

How come when I charge this thing and use it while charging it doesn't actually charge? My iPhones always charged when in use and plugged in.

Has anyone been able to charge the phone in a car? Mine says its charging but doesn't charge in a car. Now battery percentage changes if anything it decreases.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It's not covering it, it's actually a lighter tint to the black border under the glass, so the proximinity and light sensors work better. It's fine, it's supposed to be there, don't worry about it.

As for your charger issues, are you using the charger that came with the phone? It has a higher amp rating than most "normal" mobile chargers, 1.3 amps vs 1 amp. Could be the source of your issues.

Also, try not to use the phone (calling) while charging it. Not good for the battery.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this dark rectangle starting at the left side of the phone headset speaker to the o in Nokia. I've wipes my screen multiple times but I think its just the glass. Its not a big deal but seeing it is annoying me

How come when I charge this thing and use it while charging it doesn't actually charge? My iPhones always charged when in use and plugged in.

Has anyone been able to charge the phone in a car? Mine says its charging but doesn't charge in a car. Now battery percentage changes if anything it decreases.

Mine isn't that large, but i've noticed it a few times and thought, what an odd pattern for a smudge mark to be...since its almost a perfect rectangle. And oddly enough, I can usually wipe it off by doing the old fashion "fog the glass and wipe it with your tee shirt" thing.

It re-appears every now and then. next time it does, i'll take a picture of it.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Owned iPhone 4S and i haven't noticed anything weird with the Lumia 920 charging. I use my phone quite often when it's charging (in my work) and it's doing what i expect it to... charge up.
Also charges up in my car with no problems.

Oh and damn some of you go lengths to find these little things, lol.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
its actually easy to see as when you wipe the screen down that square of smudge stays there unless you hit that area really firmly. Not anything to really care about, its just odd

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I received my new 3rd phone from Nokia and the rectangle that I described in my OP is not present. Neither is the flexing and creeking by the bottom left speaker or the slight color variations on the back (cyanl920)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I can't see that on mine, sounds like a minor separation between the top glass and something underneath that made it show.

akiman911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
i think there is a different finish on the glass preventing the proximity sensor from turning on/off by accident

There is fog getting in, I reckon

Are you living somewhere cold? You probably won't notice it if you keep your phone inside, dont take it outside

Problem:solved

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
no its not. i have 2 l920s in my hand 1 has it 1 doesnt

has it
FEBTx.jpg

a pic of my new cyan ( doesnt have it) viewing the pic of the my last cyan #2 that has it
BVTHn.jpg

Last edited:

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
For those that have the rectangle, do you have dust under ffc or proximity sensor issues? I'm curious if it is some sort of a rectification for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)