Watched a 22min episode on Netflix (wifi) - battery down 6% .. Normal?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
To say that would probably kill about 15% of my HTC TITAN battery, I'd say that's pretty darn good... I tether all the time, so trust me, I'm used to crappy battery life.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I expect a phone to be at around 50% after having watched about 5-6 hours of ondevice video, 6% for half an hour on streaming video isnt bad at all, its about what Id expect from the 920.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
are you all crazy saying this is normal? If this is normal, is what, the lumia 920 can watch stream video for about 6 hours before it runs out? How is that even near normal??? I never tried, but i bet mine will die watching wifi stream stuff for 4 hours tops.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds normal to me. Video and browsing tend to take a toll on the battery, twenty minutes of browsing usually drains my battery by 8-10% your battery is fine :)

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My varies, I watched a 2hr movie on WiFi and my phone drained out about 15% other times I had a movie going for an hour or so and it drained close to 30%. Then in zombie mode at 0% I was able to Netflix stream over an hour . This phone is weird. My 3rd replacement is on its way. I will say that after a full discharge the battery is great but between full discharges the performance drops off

swimdng

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Timely post. Was wondering if my L920 battery is normal too. New stock, 1 week old.
It has been 9 hours since I last charged it this morning, and the battery info says I still have 94%?!
I remember going through almost a full day, and the battery info said it was still at 100%. That could not be real.
I'm always on LTE, 4G, WIFI-on, and auto brightness. Normal usage.
Not complaining about great battery life, but just a bit strange coming from an Android phone that drains battery like a faucet.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Headphones, screen brightness and other things like apps running in the background will make a difference, so it varies
I tested mine, watched youtube through IE for 19 minutes, down by 6% as well. The battary is better than I'd expect. Or maybe I have bad expectation because I judged based on the experience i got from web browsing

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably use closer to 10%, but I use the speaker turned up to 25/30 rather than the headphones. But yeah, to answer your question that sounds normal to me.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the phone advertised with like 3 or 4 hour video playback? 22 min is not normal. If it is, somebody lied.

Here you go.

edit: playback is not same as streaming...

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
are you all crazy saying this is normal? If this is normal, is what, the lumia 920 can watch stream video for about 6 hours before it runs out? How is that even near normal??? I never tried, but i bet mine will die watching wifi stream stuff for 4 hours tops.

What did you expect? A full day of streaming? Watch time depends on a lot of things. Headphones, screen brightness, whether you are on wifi on data, sound level, background apps, screen size, quality of stream. Losing 6% in 20 min is normal for a smartphone.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
What did you expect? A full day of streaming? Watch time depends on a lot of things. Headphones, screen brightness, whether you are on wifi on data, sound level, background apps, screen size, quality of stream. Losing 6% in 20 min is normal for a smartphone.

i think ynight might have misread the op's post. maybe he thought the battery went from 100-6% after watching a 22 min clip.
losing 6% (going from 100-94%) of battery after streaming a 22 min clip sounds reasonable to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers