Etymotic hf2 headset compatibilty?

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking into purchasing the Etymotic hf2 headset. Etymotic claims it is compatible with Windows Phone. I was wondering if anyone has tried that pair of earbuds with their Lumia 920. I have the iPhone version and they worked great on my iPhone. Now, on my Lumia 920, there are certain functions that don't work (like the microphone). Before I spend the money on them, I'd love to know if they are going to work.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The hf2 works. I used to use the same headset all the time on my Dell Venue Pro and then Lumia 900. The only reason I don't still use them on my 920 is that I needed a repair for the third time because of the slightly frail cable, and the last time the headphones were out of warranty.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The non-iDevice version works fine.

While playing music, a tap of the button is play/pause, double-tap is Next track, triple-tap is Previous track.

At any time (including while playing music), a long press of the button activates TellMe to allow speech for calling/texting people, starting apps, etc. It even works with the new WP8-specific app-enabled voice commands. I have an app for grabbing content from DailyKos.com. I just plugged in the headphones, did a long-press of the button, then said "Daily Kos, download all content" and it did.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that any form of volume control has ever been on the non-iPhone devices. If you tell me how you think it's supposed to work, I'll try it.

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hmm, guess I just assumed volume control was supported. But you're right, now that I'm looking at the specs, I don't see that volume is supported.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo