My battery has been resurrected!!!! 0%????

OhNokiaDidnt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Bare with me...I think there might be something more to this battery issue (maybe false readings???)

Below are two screen caps, about 1.5 hours apart.

My battery died completely, I then tried to power it back on thinking that it was the reboot issue. It went to the dead battery symbol. I then tried again and it started going through the boot screens and then shut off again. I then tried again and it went to the dead battery symbol. I TRIED ONE MORE TIME, magically it powers up. The battery saver is on and it says 0% battery.

I thought it would shut off pretty quickly so I began browsing some webpages. It didn't die. I then decided to turn off the battery saver. I was fascinated about the fact that it was still running even at 0% (especially since it had powered down multiple times), so I decided to continue to take screen caps every few minutes to document this odd phenomena. It STILL wouldn't shut down. I decided to kick it up a notch and turn on Nokia music. I streamed song after song, and it was still running. I then decided to download a few songs, and a few apps...STILL RUNNING. At this point I am in shock. I continued doing this, and kept waiting for it to die, but it wouldn't.

I had the screen on the entire time, running Nokia music, using apps, multiple live tiles updating, browsing the web, taking screen caps, and uploading them to skydrive. It lasted 1 hour and 21 minutes longer, under heavy HEAVY use!!!!! I only uploaded 2 screenshots, but I have about 16 (in case anyone questions whether this is true). Anyone have any thoughts?

wp_ss_20121204_0004.jpgwp_ss_20121204_0019.jpg

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Your battery charge and measurement the phone takes are obviously out of sync. Fully discharge the battery until the phone shuts off plug it in for the night and do the same the next day. You should be fine from there.

OhNokiaDidnt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It ended up dying about an 1 hr 45 min...but died before I could grab a final screenshot. It says I charged it 2 hrs ago, but I was just syncing music...It lasted about 17hrs of decent use. The one thing I found out is that when it finally died, I couldn't use the wireless charger...had to plug it in.

JCON...you an EVO owner? I got an 09 Ralliart.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You can use the wireless charger just give it a moment. The wireless pad doesn't have quite as much out put as just plugging it in.

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did this ... but mine wouldn't start back up ... but ran it until it shut down 2 days ago ... since then been getting phenomenal battery life

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
It ended up dying about an 1 hr 45 min...but died before I could grab a final screenshot. It says I charged it 2 hrs ago, but I was just syncing music...It lasted about 17hrs of decent use. The one thing I found out is that when it finally died, I couldn't use the wireless charger...had to plug it in.

JCON...you an EVO owner? I got an 09 Ralliart.

yea. but that's not my evo. that's what i WISH mine looked/drive like.

are you on evom or evoxforum too?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That reminds me so much of the issues I had with my Android phones in the past. I take what that battery menu says with a grain of salt. It can fluccuate based on the price of tea in China. If you don't use your phone for four hours and then suddenly have a 40 minute phone call it will tweak the remaining time some.

Your best measurement is going to be looking at a clock from the time you pull it off the charger, use the phone to a point where you need to recharge and determing the hours of use from there. If you want to get into the finer points of on-screen time, etc. you can get an app for that. However, most people don't need to get much more than the time between charges. I just unplug my device and use it. Off the charger at 5:00 every morning and usually I can go into 6:00 or 7:00 that evening before I need to consider charging it. That's using the phone lightly. I can get a good eight hours streaming music like I normally do, or if I really want to keep things minimal 18-21 hours is not out of the question. Battery capacity and stats are important. I won't disagree with people on that front. That being said, if the phone is doing all you want it to do and you end up charging it every 8-10 hours and you are fine with that that is fine!

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I once had this random reboot and after that phone reported that battery was almost out of juice. Before reboot battery was almost full. I kept using phone maybe for an hour and eventually it shut down by it own reporting battery was depleted. I then left phone without charging for 6 hours since i was at work. When i got home i tried to power up phone before plugging it in to charger and it booted up reporting that my battery was in that nearly full state like it was before random reboot. I think it was since i did not use it nearly at all after charging it full and when that random reboot happened.

I think phone reads wrong battery level or it could be bug in that battery saver feature. I disabled that feature completely after that random reboot and my battery seems last longer now or maybe it just shows it correctly now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05