Battery died while recording video!

mrf430

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I was using my 920 to record footage of my favorite band last week and right as they were halfway through the last song my battery died! After charging the phone I checked to see if by chance the video would show up and unfortunately it didn't! So I hooked up my phone to my computer and via file explorer I was able to find the 7 gig file (1080p for 50+min nonstop)! So now I'm hoping that there is a way to get this video to work??? I tried to copy it over to my computer, but for whatever reason only 3gigs of it copies over and it wont play in wmp...

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was using my 920 to record footage of my favorite band last week and right as they were halfway through the last song my battery died! After charging the phone I checked to see if by chance the video would show up and unfortunately it didn't! So I hooked up my phone to my computer and via file explorer I was able to find the 7 gig file (1080p for 50+min nonstop)! So now I'm hoping that there is a way to get this video to work??? I tried to copy it over to my computer, but for whatever reason only 3gigs of it copies over and it wont play in wmp...
Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Skydrive? Maybe try and rename the file .wmv

mrf430

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
No luck with VLC, tried renaming with multiple file types, none of which work, and its not on skydrive... :angry:

Last edited:

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded FFSJ and I split it into 3 parts, it still doesn't play, was there something else that I was supposed to do?
Take out your micro SD, and enclose it to your PC, convert it with Handbrake to .mpg4.... D&D it to your phone without converting. We can't lose this live gig!
Hope some other "G" people can chime in and help save the mans live Precious..:excited:

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Take out your micro SD, and enclose it to your PC, convert it with Handbrake to .mpg4.... D&D it to your phone without converting. We can't lose this live gig!
Hope some other "G" people can chime in and help save the mans live Precious..:excited:

Maybe I'm misreading what you said buuuuuuuut the 920 doesn't use any sort of memory card storage. It's all on board.

My apologies if you were saying something else. :)

mrf430

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm misreading what you said buuuuuuuut the 920 doesn't use any sort of memory card storage. It's all on board.

My apologies if you were saying something else. :)

I was just about to say the same thing..

Ive got to get this video to work, it would really highlight the phones capabilities! Plus it was a Finnish band, just goes hand in hand with the Nokia, :/

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is a glitch in the phone, i have read other reports from people on these forums about only being able to copy 3GB files over and they dont work. Does it work on the phone itself? I believe it has something to do with the transfering of the file from the device, maybe those files sized arent supported? i dont know. Hopefully it will be fixed with an update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05