12-24-2012 10:52 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    I think there are build issues and I'm not sticking up for nokia. As a logical person though, if I tried 2 from the same store that most likely came from the same batch, I wouldn't try a 3rd, 4th, 5th time. That's what I'm saying is ridiculous. At that point its obvious its either the way its going to be, or there is an actual flaw. Since At&T went to the 14 day return, I would have just returned the phone at that point if I was off contract.

I bought 2 identical samsung monitors 2 years back from best buy. One sat taller than the other (no height adjustment) and one had a completely different color temp that I could not match no matter what I did. I took both back to the store but only swapped out one. Best buy was pretty ticked with me. Both monitors would stand alone just fine, but not together in a dual setup. One of these monitors crapped out recently and Samsung replaced it. I'm back to square one not having matching monitors again. They have serious quality control issues. My point to this is, from working in retail in the past, I could never expect Best Buy to keep opening up new product just to please me. I cost the store money because that brand new monitor had to be marked down in price for it to be sold. That's just me though. I'm not sure what AT&T does with devices in this case. They may go back to Nokia, or they just sell them as new to the next person.

It may be very common, but many people don't care. My wife shrugged her shoulders when I pointed out my issue.

Why would you not contact Nokia directly before buying another phone? That's what I've done, hopefully I get one that has this issue fixed.
    I hope my post didn't come across as bashing you, it's not what I intended. It just seems there have been a number of responses that this is a non-issue, or that because they are not experiencing it on their phone that others are not justified in returning the phone.

I actually have contacted Nokia regarding this issue and am waiting on a response. I tend to think that it's something that wouldn't be considered for replacement, so if it becomes too bothersome for me I'll just buy a new phone.
    12-18-2012 09:43 AM
    No other issues, mainly just software things like the occasional freeze or reboot (only happened I think twice). I'll see what Nokia's replacement is like before I send mine back anyway.
    I've bit the bullet and bought a black L920 only to find a gap between the volume button and power button and also next to the camera button. They are both large enough for a fingernail. Also on the left hand side of the phone, I have a large gap between the glass and gasket/bezel, again, the fingernail is able to fit through it.

Totally disappointing since it was there on the new device. However I do not have the vibration rattle and loose component issue. Its too early to for the FFC camera to gather dust also. I've emailed Mr Elop and hopefully Nokia can sort me out!
    12-22-2012 02:54 AM
    Ignoring the silly title of this thread I will say I have a creak now too, but look at my posts and you will see I dropped my 920 on the top-right corner and it still works flawlessly. Regardless, there may be a flaw here as many have said their 920's creak in the top-right corner. Will it affect performance? Not sure, and I recommend if people are concerned they pursue getting a new 920 or another phone.

For me it hasn't affected performance and my 920 still outshines the iPhone and and Android devices I have owned in regards to build (and performance).
    12-22-2012 04:51 AM
    I also had an issue with my black 920 but I fixed it by myself.

My 920 was also creaking in the bottom left corner. What I did was sticking a needle into the space between glass and plastic on the left side over the left speaker. I used some pressure but not too much not to break the phone, and when I took out the needle, I noticed that there is no more creaking and the phone feels as solid as a rock.

I know it may sound stupid, but seriously - try it. Worked for me.
    12-22-2012 07:17 AM
    Do certain colors seem to be affected more often than others? I'm really hoping my red 920 won't have this problem.
    12-22-2012 08:56 AM
    Finally got my hands on my replacement phone after it had been stuck in the depot for days then got lost. It feels really solid but I'll hold my judgment for a week as my last one felt the same when I first got it too. No creaks or flexing to speak of yet.

There's still a slight gap between the case and the screen bezel that I can squeeze a fingernail in to but it is much tighter than before.

The phone is unbranded though which is good.
    12-23-2012 10:55 PM
    Finally got my hands on my replacement phone after it had been stuck in the depot for days then got lost. It feels really solid but I'll hold my judgment for a week as my last one felt the same when I first got it too. No creaks or flexing to speak of yet.

There's still a slight gap between the case and the screen bezel that I can squeeze a fingernail in to but it is much tighter than before.

The phone is unbranded though which is good.
    Good to hear you got your replacement! the slight gap you are referring to is between the body and the bezel right? (not the bezel and screen). I saw a yellow L920 on demo in allphones the other day that had no gap at all between body and bezel it was so immaculately sealed. However there is a gap between the bezel and screen. I've emailed elop about mine and he CCed Alf Noto. So far no reply yet =(
    12-23-2012 11:10 PM
    My 920 cracks and creaks if i press it somewhere on the left side of the chassie or the left side of the glass. This is my second 920 and they both had the same problem.
    Mine does the same a bit on the top. You can barely see it move but I guess it's enough to make it creak.
    12-23-2012 11:20 PM
    I also had an issue with my black 920 but I fixed it by myself.

My 920 was also creaking in the bottom left corner. What I did was sticking a needle into the space between glass and plastic on the left side over the left speaker. I used some pressure but not too much not to break the phone, and when I took out the needle, I noticed that there is no more creaking and the phone feels as solid as a rock.

I know it may sound stupid, but seriously - try it. Worked for me.
    That sounds like it would scratch the phone, no?
    12-24-2012 10:52 AM
84 ... 234