920 Destroyed after Display-Touch update

AnAngryFarmer

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know if anyone else's 920 has been "destroyed" following the Display-Touch update?

Both myself and my colleague's phones were updated on Thursday night and now neither phone is working properly. Mine seems to be doing the following:

- When power button is pressed to unlock, the screen remains black but the three buttons are lit up white. The phone eventually comes to life and can eventually be unlocked.
- Phone unable to keep correct time and date (reverts to 01 September 2012) and needs to be switched onto manual date and time.
- Phone freezes during operation with the screen going strange shades of colour (phone then needs to be left where it goes into lock screen mode and can eventually be unlocke again).
- Screen lights up and goes "scrambled" in a grey colour (just like ey used to scamble satellite TV photos back in the analogue days.

I have done soft resets, a hard reset and also restored the phone to Factory reset state but to no avail. :angry:

Has anyone else had this issue following the update? If not I'm guessing we've both got dud phones for the same batch and will now need new ones?!

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know if anyone else's 920 has been "destroyed" following the Display-Touch update?

Both myself and my colleague's phones were updated on Thursday night and now neither phone is working properly. Mine seems to be doing the following:

- When power button is pressed to unlock, the screen remains black but the three buttons are lit up white. The phone eventually comes to life and can eventually be unlocked.
- Phone unable to keep correct time and date (reverts to 01 September 2012) and needs to be switched onto manual date and time.
- Phone freezes during operation with the screen going strange shades of colour (phone then needs to be left where it goes into lock screen mode and can eventually be unlocke again).
- Screen lights up and goes "scrambled" in a grey colour (just like ey used to scamble satellite TV photos back in the analogue days.

I have done soft resets, a hard reset and also restored the phone to Factory reset state but to no avail. :angry:

Has anyone else had this issue following the update? If not I'm guessing we've both got dud phones for the same batch and will now need new ones?!

If the phones still under warranty and you are able to change them, then do it. If you want to go the Nokia way you can contact them but it will take more time. If you want to do it fast Do it yourself. I know your phone is not bricked but isn't working properly. Possible that the software is messed up. What i did to fix my phone was this. I have zero issues at all after flashing my device. This is the original software you are going to load on it.Assuming that you follow the instructions, watch the video carefully and read everything a few times until you understand which one is the firmware you have to choose and where to put the files in the PC directory. Everything is very easy and clear to understand if you have a little computer knowledge. Good Luck :wink:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo