After touch update, I'm getting the black screen during calls now

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Everything has been fine on my new 920, however after the latest touch update, I've started getting the black screen during calls problem echoed on the forums. I've tried compressed air and some of the other remedies, but it seemed to coincide almost immediately with the last touch update. Has anyone else experienced this? May just be coincidence, but considering going back to ATT for a swap.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Aren't you supposed to get a black screen during a call? The proximity sensor turns the screen off when it gets close to your face so your cheek doesn't accidently hit things on the screen.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Indeed it is supposed to turn off, but this is off as soon as the call begins, far from my face. It makes it near impossible to hang up calls.

Pas

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
mine does the same thing. i have to press the power button in order to get the screen back. the darn thing goes black as soon as the phone starts the dialing process. wanting to use the speaker isn't as simple as it used to be.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Will try some air. On my phone, the screen turns off properly but then never comes back on until the other party hangs up. Sometimes I have to hard power off the phone to get it to hang up.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The compressed air didn't do it for me - I sent it back to Nokia, they sent me a new phone. Said it was 'unrepairable.' Had the new one a week or so now & I've already noticed a little dust under the FFC, but I'm cautiously optimistic this time. If nothing else, I suppose I could just send it back to Nokia...again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)