Warranty Swap

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Update: Got replacement phone yesterday form AT&T, so far have seen a noticeable improvement in batter life. After initial factory reset, charge/drain of battery I have gone from an average of 15 hours of stand by time, to approx 3 days (see screen shot).

Do not know how this will play out with normal to moderate use, and still need to test battery drain while using Nokia Drive+/Navigon....but so far I am very pleased with my decision to get a replacement, as something was definitely wrong with the battery on my previous L920.

Note after doing factory reset on defective device to prep it for shipping, it BRICKED! - don't know if this is just a coincidence or final evidence of device malfunction... :-]

wp_ss_20121216_0002.jpg

Purchased my Nokia L920 from local AT&T Store on 15-Nov-12 and have had some persistent battery issues from day 1.

- Extreme Battery Drain: during phone calls and using GPS apps (Drive Beta/ Navigon)
- Hot Battery: during (see above)
- Phone not retaining charge while plugged in to car/wall charger during (see above)

Attempted to resolve with factory re-set, restricting programs from running in the background, soft reset, and had only limited improvement.

AT&T to their credit were more than accommodating about the warranty swap request, and I should be getting a replacement handset in 4-7 business days. Customer service rep suggested my battery issues may be related to a yet unreleased needed firmware fix...hopefully my new handset will have an updated version of the firmware pre-loaded on it...

IMG_1430-1.jpg

Last edited:

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad AT&T were able to help with this. Most carriers do have a "warranty policy" which will cover your device, should the problem not be a result of something the user did i.e. Drop it, run it over, etc. I know T-Mo has been more than helpful with me on my previous device. The issues were very minor, but all I really had to was just talk to them. I work for Sprint, and come across such issues quite often. Its a good thing to know.

Happy for you. Good luck on your 920. I'm on an 8X.

Happy Holidays!!!

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, so glad the warranty exchanges are available "just in case" something is not right....

Thanks -- Happy Holidays & Prosperous New Year to You! :)

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Glad your new phone seems to be working out better for you. I did notice a similar issue on my HTC, then let it drain all down, then charged back up. Seems ok for now.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720