me and my 920 lost a angry whopper camera off

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just lost out on a free angry whopper from burger king thanks to nokias poor camera algorithm . i got a text and took out my phone and the bk manager laughed and said wow someone actually bought a nokia brick. i said its not heavy well maybe compared to that pos iphone 5 and he whipped out his iphone 5 and he said your camera sucks and w8 is only good on tablets. we eventually had a 1 photo camera off and asked another worker to choose the best picture of the menu on the wall. she said his was clearer. Mine had the usual camera softness. so i had to buy the angry whopper. damn u nokia damn u all to ****! (charlton heston).

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Go back and challenge him for a night shot. Or wait until Nokia updates the camera processing thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No. Nokia didn't do anything to make you lose the challenge. You did. You did a camera-off based ONLY on a day photo knowing full well about the camera software issue.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
im returning my lumia 920 for htc one x+.. i pre-ordered the damn thing on the 8th of nov n i still dont have a working phone (dead pixel, battery life sucks).. i got a defective model and they agreed to send me a replacement device which is backordered lol its pathetic.. so tired.. i also have dust under FFC n my sis iPhone 5 does take really good pictures n we most the time take it during the day so it doesnt matter how well it performers at night but yaa.. really want this phone but it sucks (they only have black n red model available) n there are few things in WP8 that does not make sense n those really bothers me so im gonna go with android (had focus then Lumia 900 but cant support msft forever) some things they do just pisses me off

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
im returning my lumia 920 for htc one x+.. i pre-ordered the damn thing on the 8th of nov n i still dont have a working phone (dead pixel, battery life sucks).. i got a defective model and they agreed to send me a replacement device which is backordered lol its pathetic.. so tired.. i also have dust under FFC n my sis iPhone 5 does take really good pictures n we most take it in the morning so it doesnt matter how well it performers at night but yaa.. really want this phone but it sucks (they only have black n red model available) n there are few things in WP8 that does not make sense n those really bothers me so im gonna go with android (had focus then Lumia 900 but cant support msft forever) some things they do just pisses me off
Well done.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
@jdhooghe its my fault for agreeing to it but i didnt design the camera software and release it with a bug, nokia did so its their fault i lost.

@snaqv91 i tried but i dont think they were gonna turn the lights off in BK ;)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@jdhooghe its my fault for agreeing to it but i didnt design the camera software and release it with a bug, nokia did so its their fault i lost.

@snaqv91 i tried but i dont think they were gonna turn the lights off in BK ;)

...Makes perfect, logical sense! I'm going to run a marathon and act shocked when I lost because my leg is broken. No. It's absolutely Nokia's fault because they launched a new line of phones and you got first gen.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just lost out on a free angry whopper from burger king thanks to nokias poor camera algorithm . i got a text and took out my phone and the bk manager laughed and said wow someone actually bought a nokia brick. i said its not heavy well maybe compared to that pos iphone 5 and he whipped out his iphone 5 and he said your camera sucks and w8 is only good on tablets. we eventually had a 1 photo camera off and asked another worker to choose the best picture of the menu on the wall. she said his was clearer. Mine had the usual camera softness. so i had to buy the angry whopper. damn u nokia damn u all to ****! (charlton heston).

You could have challenged him to a video shoot.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the infamous Burger King phone picture challenge, an intelligent way to gauge phone quality. Well, joeynox, you may want to switch to Android, it's not a bad phone OS. I had it for a while and it wasn't bad but I prefer WP8.

I know you won't go back to iPhone as you yourself stated in an earlier post 'I had iPhones and IOS for a ling time and in bored with the phones (sic)' and when your 920 was delayed 'I wanted today (sic) but I guess my I can deal with the iPhone for a few days more). So you yourself have stated the iPhone is worthless, it bores you, and you can only 'deal' with it for a few days. I don't think you should go through life in such a miserable state because of your own stated belief the iPhone is crap for your needs. Life is too short to be stuck with the iPhone if it makes you miserable, and WP8 doesn't seem to be to your liking either. Give Andorid a try.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the infamous Burger King phone picture challenge, an intelligent way to gauge phone quality. Well, joeynox, you may want to switch to Android, it's not a bad phone OS. I had it for a while and it wasn't bad but I prefer WP8.

I know you won't go back to iPhone as you yourself stated in an earlier post 'I had iPhones and IOS for a ling time and in bored with the phones (sic)' and when your 920 was delayed 'I wanted today (sic) but I guess my I can deal with the iPhone for a few days more). So you yourself have stated the iPhone is worthless, it bores you, and you can only 'deal' with it for a few days. I don't think you should go through life in such a miserable state because of your own stated belief the iPhone is crap for your needs. Life is too short to be stuck with the iPhone if it makes you miserable, and WP8 doesn't seem to be to your liking either. Give Andorid a try.

holding out for my 3rd 920 replacement. they all cant be bad so according to macy from nokia my 3rd one will be the right one .

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand everyone. My Lumia is fine. The only thing that is different is the sound of my vibrate but I'd hardly call it a rattle. Its definitely not return worthy. Mine is yellow, my camera has no soft spots, my battery is fine. Why are there so many "problems"?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's the OS fault for being restricted. Imagine if you pulled out an 808 PureView instead..... haha

The OS being "restricted" has nothing to do with the camera. The 808 has a much bigger sensor and is 41 mp versus 8 mp. Also Symbian sucks and only Europeans can tolerate it for the most part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb