Incipio "Feather" series case for Lumia 920

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got this case couple of days ago, and thought I share it here. I don't care too much for cases, but this one caught my eyes, and so far I'm very impressed. It doesn't add much weight the device, and feels very good in my hand. Wireless charging also works without me taking the cover off. While it fits like a glove, taking it off is very easy, and doesn't put too much pressure on the device. Pretty cool cover/case in my opinion.

WP_20121208_006.jpg
WP_20121208_008.jpg

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with black 920 using these cases? I wanna see how they look. Still can't decide if I should buy the black lumia or not :(

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Incipio's Feather was always my case of choice for iPhones. So thin and light that it was almost like not having anything. But it provided just enough protection from scratches, nicks and dings. Most importantly it added just a little bit of grip to an otherwise slippery phone.

Thanks for posting this. I had looked for a Feather as soon as I got my 920, but they weren't out. In the meantime I'm going to see if I can get by with just a Zagg Invisible Shield. I hate the idea of covering up my white Lumia with anything but the damn thing is just so slippery. If I don't like the look of it I'll probably get a grey Feather case (unless they come out with white).

Let us know how you like it.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I HATE cases, but, saw this in Cyan a couple days ago and bought it right away.. Loving it so far. (Black 920)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I HATE cases, but, saw this in Cyan a couple days ago and bought it right away.. Loving it so far. (Black 920)
Any pics please? I'm deciding whether to buy the Black 920 or not.. I wanted a white but not available here, so I might just get the black if I can change the colour up with cases. I hope these are thin and doesn't make the phone look too weird

diesel_fan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this case for about 10 days. Paid like $25 at Microsoft store. Then found a very similar one for $4.99 from this seller in US: eBay My World - rainbowspirit2012

Its like Incipio, but w/out logo on the back and different camera cut out. Same rubberized feel as Incipio and multiple colors available (including white).

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this case for about 10 days. Paid like $25 at Microsoft store. Then found a very similar one for $4.99 from this seller in US: eBay My World - rainbowspirit2012

Its like Incipio, but w/out logo on the back and different camera cut out. Same rubberized feel as Incipio and multiple colors available (including white).
Did you receive the ones from ebay too? Are they of worse quality compared to Incipio, or about the same??

diesel_fan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you receive the ones from ebay too? Are they of worse quality compared to Incipio, or about the same??

I got one in black for my black 920. Quality is about the same as Insipio: Rubberized plastic. Using it for about 2 weeks now -- so far OK. Screen protector it comes with is useless (I have not used one that came with Incipio, so can't comment on that one)

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at the Microsoft store here, and paid about $25.00. Comes with the case/cover and a screen protector. I like really like the feel of the screen protector, but like the others I have tried it's just not sticking very well on the edges. As far as protection, the back definitely (which I like, because now I don't have to worry when I put it down on the table/desk/etc.), and also the four corners are protected, albeit minimal. It's also good when I put it in my pocket, at least I know one side I don't have to worry about metal objects (tiny rivets on the jeans) to scratch my phone.

And the fact that I can take off very easily is a definitely plus. Oh, like I've mentioned on my OP, the wireless charging works without removing the cover/case, another plus.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Bought one when I got my cyan 920, used it for about 3 days, then went back to being caseless..
Call me crazy, but I like my 920 more without the case. It's a good case though. :D

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Any pics please? I'm deciding whether to buy the Black 920 or not.. I wanted a white but not available here, so I might just get the black if I can change the colour up with cases. I hope these are thin and doesn't make the phone look too weird

Here you go:

8256176553_a86a382da4_z.jpg

8257246220_fd129dfec5_c.jpg

8257246600_afd8f074c6_c.jpg

8257246662_968f7c20a9_c.jpg

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
One important question: does it put scratches on the back? Apparently putting on any cases on the 920 causes it to get scratched on the back.

If I can get a white or yellow case I think I might just go for the black 920.

How is one handed typing with this thing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Atleast the Lumia 920 doesn't have a changeable cover so you won't have to take the case off very often. They break really easily. The two I've got for my Atrix have snapped off in various places and they both look pretty crappy now. There doesn't look to be so many places that are susceptible to snapping off for this case though. Also, the matte finish tends to scratch and doesn't look good over time as it doesn't wipe/clean off.

They do look nice originally and are a very good case if you want a bit of protection without adding heaps of bulk. I'll be going without one though, atleast for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo