I'm starting to regret my decision to buy a Lumia 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It would have been in Windows Phone's favor had the integration actually worked like it's suppose to. In its current form it's a hit and miss (problems with offline messaging, group messaging, syncing FB messages, messages history etc etc). The dedicated app is just a heck of a lot better. The WP integration is a stop-gap arrangement.

And in both cases you're launching an app. In Windows Phone it's the messaging app and in Android/iOS it's the messenger (again, much more reliable).

Hm perhaps, Ive never had issues with my FBchat personally, but if it doesnt work for the majority then yeah perhaps. For example do I not groupchat, nor had a need for message history. So youre probably right.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hm perhaps, Ive never had issues with my FBchat personally, but if it doesnt work for the majority then yeah perhaps. For example do I not groupchat, nor had a need for message history. So youre probably right.

He is trolling. He doesn't have a Windows Phone.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
sorry but as long as friends, family and co-workers use WhatsApp on a Daily Basis, Skype for Calls over the Internet and the Facebook-Chat for main communication i can't recommend it. How? And how do you guys don't have that problem?!

There are posts here in the forums about how the FB-Chat integration doesn't work anymore. Never worked for me on WP8. Did work on WP7.5 but not anymore, at least on my 900.
Whatsapp is pulled from the App Store so unless you got it installed allready - there is no WhatsApp for new buyers.
The Skype Bugs appear not to everyone but they could and if i recommend a phone to someone not as tech savy as we are and he can't do the basic stuff he can do on her iPhone or GS3 or whatever... how would you "defend" your recommendation?

Especially the Skype thing is really critical. It blocked all Texts and E-Mails... if i just want to do cellular calls i don't need to spend 650€ ;)

I don't have any of your issues on my 920.

Facebook chat is right there built into the messaging hub and I use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I don't know anyone who uses Whatsapp to be honest. I haven't had any issues in Skype other than the obvious inability to receive calls when the app isn't running, something everyone already knows is coming soon, and the reason the app is a "preview". I'm certain that by the time Skype leaves preview status, it will be the best Skype of any platform.

I have to think the people talking about messaging issues are just trolling, because I regularly chat with people via SMS, Facebook AND Messenger from within the built-in messaging hub without any issues... totally seamlessly.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Exactly how is Android and iOS facebook messenger app better than having facebook chat built into the messaging hub in Windows Phone? Sometimes I get texts. Sometimes I get fb messages. Rarely do people use only one or the other. I have them in one place on windows phone, so when I need to see that old message, I know exactly where to go... I don't have to guess "hmm... did she text me that or did she send that via fb?"

Get real bro.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys find the Facebook integration to be completely seamless, reliable and stable? Can you send pictures or videos?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't send pictures or videos on the DESKTOP version of Facebook chat. I upload pictures and videos from my phone to my wall, if that's what you mean. That's easy, you just tap Share --> Facebook and done.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't send pictures or videos on the DESKTOP version of Facebook chat. I upload pictures and videos from my phone to my wall, if that's what you mean. That's easy, you just tap Share --> Facebook and done.
What if I would like to just send one small quick picture to the person I'm chatting with in Facebook chat using a WP8 device?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Err to be honest I was under the impression that the Facebook chat implementation is very poor in WP8. So is that just a myth?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
What if I would like to just send one small quick picture to the person I'm chatting with in Facebook chat using a WP8 device?

Share it on their wall.

Facebook Chat isn't a high-bandwidth MMS-style service. If you tried to "share" it with them and they were in the browser version, they'd not even receive it.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Share it on their wall.

Facebook Chat isn't a high-bandwidth MMS-style service. If you tried to "share" it with them and they were in the browser version, they'd not even receive it.

Thanks. Normally if I want to send a picture to someone on Facebook I send them a private message (on a desktop web browser). It goes to their Facebook inbox. Is this possible through the messaging app on wp8?

sandstonetx

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Want another issue with Skype on WP8?! Try entering a credit card number or account number when calling a bank or service provider.... I have a card with an overseas company and skype on WP8 or Windows 8 just won't recognize i'm entering the numbers on the dialpad..... went to my ipad and it worked perfectly!!!

Just a shame Skype is a MS Application and it works far better on other platforms!! Just tells you how much attention to details MS actually put!

Polkka

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Want another issue with Skype on WP8?! Try entering a credit card number or account number when calling a bank or service provider.... I have a card with an overseas company and skype on WP8 or Windows 8 just won't recognize i'm entering the numbers on the dialpad..... went to my ipad and it worked perfectly!!!

Just a shame Skype is a MS Application and it works far better on other platforms!! Just tells you how much attention to details MS actually put!

skype update is coming...

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have mentioned this before, but my biggest issue was the locking up.rebooting of the phone. This happened to me multiple times on multiple devices. I can just about look past anything else, but finally got tired of this. Please fix this Nokia and I will be back. Until then I can't rely on this phone.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I really don't know what you mean by that but it certainly is not true.

And please stop calling people trolls when they bring up valid issues that you fail to acknowledge or understand.

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have mentioned this before, but my biggest issue was the locking up.rebooting of the phone. This happened to me multiple times on multiple devices. I can just about look past anything else, but finally got tired of this. Please fix this Nokia and I will be back. Until then I can't rely on this phone.

basically i have no idea what kind of problems you are facing cos i did not face the problems with both of my lumia 920, yes i bought 1 for my wife n dump my note 1 and s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786