Hi,

Is it possible? My phone always had awful battery life (like 5 hours, everything being off, no live tile) but I had to flash it 'cause it bricked and I couldn't exchange it (out of stock). The battery really isn't getting better after all those weeks and I'd like to know if flashing cancel the garantee or something.

I'd be really mad if it does. I've contacted Nokia and explained them it had to be defective, took me more than half hour of discussion and it was before it bricked. They promised to contact me back within 48h hours. It's been 2 weeks now. Thanks for your support, Nokia.
    12-09-2012 08:05 AM
    I don't think so. My warranty says clearly that I lose it if I do something against the terms on my phone.
    12-09-2012 08:08 AM
    Then I have to say it, I'm disappointed by Nokia. It's my first smartphone, 600 euro, and I can't even really use it. They wouldn't help me at all.
    12-09-2012 08:12 AM
    Hi,

Is it possible? My phone always had awful battery life (like 5 hours, everything being off, no live tile) but I had to flash it 'cause it bricked and I couldn't exchange it (out of stock). The battery really isn't getting better after all those weeks and I'd like to know if flashing cancel the garantee or something.

I'd be really mad if it does. I've contacted Nokia and explained them it had to be defective, took me more than half hour of discussion and it was before it bricked. They promised to contact me back within 48h hours. It's been 2 weeks now. Thanks for your support, Nokia.
    Then I have to say it, I'm disappointed by Nokia. It's my first smartphone, 600 euro, and I can't even really use it. They wouldn't help me at all.
    Why did you even flash it? You could've just swapped it.
    Did you buy it from AT&T? If so call them and tell them your problem. Maybe they won't find out that you flashed it.
    12-09-2012 08:27 AM
    I highly doubt they would know.
    12-09-2012 08:45 AM
    No, I bought it in Germany but it was out of stock (and still is). I wouldn't have a cellphone for weeks so I decided to flash it, what choice did I have?
    12-09-2012 09:24 AM
    A_Hel - don't give up - forget the fact that you flashed it (and don't mention it to them again) - they need to replace it and they will, just keep calling.
    12-09-2012 09:56 AM
    I didn't mention it yet, just wanted to know how to act about it. I won't send it and wait weeks for them to send it back because of the flashing.

I called them few days ago to ask if someone is taking care of my case and they told to wait. Well I'm waiting, two weeks now, and start to feel like they might not call me back... Far from the 48h response as promised. The phone isn't available in my country yet (Belgium), nonetheless they could at least call me and tell me to go **** myself instead of just not doing anything.
    12-09-2012 10:32 AM