Bad experience with Amazing Weather HD

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased this app for my Lumia 920 after reading a good review at WPCentral. The app works but only when you open it manually. It never updates the weather in the background and the live tile is never updated. I wish developers test the apps on a number of devices before releasing to public.

Last edited:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Works fine for me. Does it show allowed in the background tasks? What do you have the Live Tile update interval set at?

The guts of the 820 and the 920 are the same, besides i have seen positive comments from 920 owners as well.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I own this app too and have never faced any of the issues you're talking about. Did you make sure you pinned the app from inside the app and not from the app list? That seems to be important.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The app is allowed to run in the background. I verified in settings. Similarly I pinned the live tile from inside the app. The problem is with the update only. I have constant WiFi connection, but in last 5 hours it never tried to update the weather or the live tile. I have set the live tile update interval to hourly. When I launch the app then it fetches the new weather data and also updates the live tile.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The app is allowed to run in the background. I verified in settings. Similarly I pinned the live tile from inside the app. The problem is with the update only. I have constant WiFi connection, but in last 5 hours it never tried to update the weather or the live tile. I have set the live tile update interval to hourly. When I launch the app then it fetches the new weather data and also updates the live tile.

No idea. I also have this app and haven't had that problem. Where is your location? I'll try pinning your loc and see if it works for me.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I pinned your location as well and it flips fine, ofcourse, can't tell before an hour if it will update.

May try un installing and re installing the app.

PS: Nice temperatures over there, cold here.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I pinned your location as well and it flips fine, ofcourse, can't tell before an hour if it will update.

May try un installing and re installing the app.

PS: Nice temperatures over there, cold here.

Winter is very nice here. Between 15 - 30 degrees, if you can call it winter that is :) Summers on the other hand are scorching, 42 - 48 degrees.

I also only have the problem with the update. I opened the app at 1 pm and the temperature was 27 degrees. Till 7 pm there was no update the tile was still showing the Sun at the smallest size. I opened the app and the last update time was still 1 pm. It then updated the weather data and the live tile at the same time.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I guess it is too much to expect year round nice weather. :)

I will post if whether or not your weather updates for in about 45 mins.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, your weather updated on the Live Tile just now, in almost an hour from when I pinned it.

If yours still is not, un installing and re installing might work.

rebaser

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I also seem to have the same problem on my Lumia 920. All locations are in the UK and background updates are allowed for this app

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, your weather updated on the Live Tile just now, in almost an hour from when I pinned it.

If yours still is not, un installing and re installing might work.

Thanks. After the re-install I have seen it updating for the first time by itself. Hopefully it will keep on working.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I spoke too soon. No update since last three hours again. Have to refresh it manually. Guess I will try some other weather app. It is surprising though, why it does not work in the first place. Maybe some future update will fix it.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You mentioned that you have a constant WiFi connection. WP doesn't typically use WiFi if the screen is off; I don't know for sure if it turns on WiFi when it runs periodic tasks, but I doubt it. Do you also have a constant cellular/mobile signal? If not, I would guess that Amazing Weather is starting up, finding no signal, and stopping.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned that you have a constant WiFi connection. WP doesn't typically use WiFi if the screen is off; I don't know for sure if it turns on WiFi when it runs periodic tasks, but I doubt it. Do you also have a constant cellular/mobile signal? If not, I would guess that Amazing Weather is starting up, finding no signal, and stopping.

Yes, I have a constant cellular connection. Emails sync perfectly in the background, even when the phone is off. I am just wondering if Amazing weather uses cellular data or not? Let's say the WiFi is off when it is scheduled to be updated but it doesn't pull the data over the cellular connection. I didn't see anything in the settings to enable or disable it.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to bring this up again, in case it was missed or ignored the first time: try contacting the developers directly. If they don't know there is an issue, how can they address and fix it?

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi sir, we are happy to have customers from UAE that is Amazing :), please do contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can further assist you.
mean while try the following:

1- Make sure you have a cellular connection.
2- Try to pin a non - GPS live tile as your location might not be recognized by the weather service (try out for example Paris, and check if the tile updates)

TNL Nick

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather works wonderfully for me. The Weather Channel app didn't update its live tile properly and other weather apps I tried didn't look or act much better. Your phone doesn't happen to be in battery saver mode, does it? That may be too obvious, but then again it is often the most basic things we overlook.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi sir, we are happy to have customers from UAE that is Amazing :), please do contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can further assist you.
mean while try the following:

1- Make sure you have a cellular connection.
2- Try to pin a non - GPS live tile as your location might not be recognized by the weather service (try out for example Paris, and check if the tile updates)

Thanks, I am sending you the email. As for the steps:

1) I have a cellular connection. Emails are synced in the background on the cellular connection after every 15 minutes.
2) I tried both GPS and non-GPS tiles. It get the right location even with the GPS tile. I will set the location to Paris and test the live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss