Sorry for the video quality but I have intentionally left is de-focused because it had my personal messages and I can't do much to hide them etc.

But it is clear enough from this video what I want to explain.

I have text messages on my phone. All of a sudden it won't send any text messages to anyone. When I press back and try to go out - all the messages vanish!
    When I go to start and enter the messaging app, they all come back. But I still can't send messages to anyone.

I've re-started my phone and only resource I see here is a hard reset. I am totally in love with my phone and don't see a single fault with hardware. Surely as everyone has said, I echo their voice, WP8 OS has been rushed out of the door. God knows why!

12-09-2012 11:38 AM
    Sorry for the video quality but I have intentionally left is de-focused because it had my personal messages and I can't do much to hide them etc.

But it is clear enough from this video what I want to explain.

I have text messages on my phone. All of a sudden it won't send any text messages to anyone. When I press back and try to go out - all the messages vanish!
    When I go to start and enter the messaging app, they all come back. But I still can't send messages to anyone.

I've re-started my phone and only resource I see here is a hard reset. I am totally in love with my phone and don't see a single fault with hardware. Surely as everyone has said, I echo their voice, WP8 OS has been rushed out of the door. God knows why!

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=TOD36Hbk
    Is that with all of your contacts? I see you started the video with fromOrange. Does it do that if you would have started with another contact first after a cold boot?
    12-09-2012 12:29 PM
    Is that with all of your contacts? I see you started the video with fromOrange. Does it do that if you would have started with another contact first after a cold boot?
    Yes same with ANY contact. Even creating new SMS to a completely new contact does that!

a) It will wipe away all threads
    b) It won't send any text at all - new or as a reply!
    12-09-2012 12:33 PM
    Go to Settings and the "Email and accounts" or whatever. Will it properly syncronise all your accounts?
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    12-09-2012 12:43 PM
    Go to Settings and the "Email and accounts" or whatever. Will it properly syncronise all your accounts?
    Yes all accounts are up-to-date... doesn't say attention require etc that it usually would - if that's what you mean?
    12-09-2012 12:45 PM
    Right, then it's not the same issue I had. Yesterday I started having issues syncronising into my main Microsoft account that caused somewhat similar symptons. Overall really weird bugs in places that had something to do with the contacts. I had to do a factory reset to get it fixed, but it's obviously not what you have issues with if the emails and accounts says everything is up to date.
    12-09-2012 01:28 PM
    Had the exact same problem, but also I noticed the same problem as Coreldan that my MS account had problems syncing. Had to reset my phone tho..
    12-09-2012 01:32 PM
    I think I might have to hard reset my phone but I've tried to manually hit sync on all accounts and after a few secs of sync they appear fine. I have soft-reset the phone a few times and then tried to see if it wasn't syncing but that doesn't seem to be an issue. :s
    12-09-2012 01:33 PM
    If your pulling your contacts from Windows (outlook, live, or Hotmail) try this:

Go into settings and put the phone into airplane mode. Go to outlook.com and deleted everyone that was under outlook (after backing them up of course). Then load (or create) Google contacts and moved all the contacts over to an account.

Go back to the phone and turn off airplane mode so it can start getting data. Then setup the Google account to do email, contacts, and calendar. Hope this will fix it for you, if not your going to have to hard reset it like everyone else. Keep in mind, I did a hard reset and it started to happen again after a week or so (using outlook to store my contacts). I believe it has to do something with corrupt data that causes syncing problems between the phone and Microsoft's servers.
    12-09-2012 02:09 PM
    All of you having syncing issues with your main MSFT account. Uninstall Skype and soft reset (volume DOWN + power).
    12-09-2012 04:44 PM
    If your pulling your contacts from Windows (outlook, live, or Hotmail) try this:

Go into settings and put the phone into airplane mode. Go to outlook.com and deleted everyone that was under outlook (after backing them up of course). Then load (or create) Google contacts and moved all the contacts over to an account.

Go back to the phone and turn off airplane mode so it can start getting data. Then setup the Google account to do email, contacts, and calendar. Hope this will fix it for you, if not your going to have to hard reset it like everyone else. Keep in mind, I did a hard reset and it started to happen again after a week or so (using outlook to store my contacts). I believe it has to do something with corrupt data that causes syncing problems between the phone and Microsoft's servers.
    I would bleed to death after being bit by a vampire and be fed to a zombie before I trust Google with my contacts ;)
    12-09-2012 04:49 PM
    I'm having this problem all of the sudden as well. Extremely frustrating. A soft reset fixed it the first time but now that's not working. I can't send any texts. It says my Microsoft account is syncing and doesn't it let me stop the sync or check what's wrong with it or anything. WTF!?
    12-10-2012 06:52 PM
    All of you having syncing issues with your main MSFT account. Uninstall Skype and soft reset (volume DOWN + power).
    That did not work.
    12-10-2012 06:57 PM
    My wife's 920 did the exact same thing and I turned off "Text message backup" in Settings-applications-messaging-turn off message backup---reboot.
    I believe that is where the sync problem is.
    12-10-2012 07:06 PM
    My wife's 920 did the exact same thing and I turned off "Text message backup" in Settings-applications-messaging-turn off message backup---reboot.
    I believe that is where the sync problem is.
    I thought that fixed it as well, but no dice. It initially looked like texts were being sent but then it just reverts to the same problem. I've already missed out on an outing with friends tonight because of this damn issue.
    12-10-2012 07:18 PM
    I thought that fixed it as well, but no dice. It initially looked like texts were being sent but then it just reverts to the same problem. I've already missed out on an outing with friends tonight because of this damn issue.
    On a side note, I have noticed that Nokia Drive + Beta in the background causes some glitches so we have that turned off as well. You'll be surprised how many apps are allowed to run in the background unless turned off. Maybe the combination of the two? Hers was doing the exact same thing and I changed those two things and full power off and all is now good.

Just remembered one other thing I did... changed "data roaming options from "don't roam" to "roam"
    12-10-2012 09:47 PM