Lumia 920 Internet Sharing Settings

MMinAK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Lumia 900 to the 920 and have overall been very happy. However, I seem to have lost the ability to configure the Security Type (none, WEP, WPA)in the Internet Sharing settings. Indeed, I only have two items that are configurable now...the SSID and the WPA password.

I occasionally use Internet Sharing to provide WiFi access to some older computers (at a charity where I volunteer) that aren't able to connect to WPA so I need to figure out how to update/restore my phone so I can manage it a little more granularly.

Has anyone else come across this apparently limitation? Am I missing an update or might an update applied have whacked the Internet Sharing config options? I've looked around online and cannot seem to find any details.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you might out of luck. My unlocked dev kit version doesn't have additional settings, just SSID and Password. Could be a feature lost in the transition to WP8. Try sending a tweet to Microsoft to see if the feature can be restored?

Shobhit Tulsyan

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Lumia 900 to the 920 and have overall been very happy. However, I seem to have lost the ability to configure the Security Type (none, WEP, WPA)in the Internet Sharing settings. Indeed, I only have two items that are configurable now...the SSID and the WPA password.

I occasionally use Internet Sharing to provide WiFi access to some older computers (at a charity where I volunteer) that aren't able to connect to WPA so I need to figure out how to update/restore my phone so I can manage it a little more granularly.

Has anyone else come across this apparently limitation? Am I missing an update or might an update applied have whacked the Internet Sharing config options? I've looked around online and cannot seem to find any details.

hHi, Have you got any luck with that???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05