Nokia PuritybyMonster WH-920

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I just started using my Purity in-ear headphones with my Lumia 920, and MY GOD are these things bass heavy (Coming from someone that listens to a lot of Dub). And that's even with the "Bass Cut" profile in the audio settings. Other than that, they sounds quite good. Haven't tried them with call quality yet though.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
i too have a pair and the phone call quality is kinda werid. It is super clear but the voice has been somewhat changed to a way that it feels like surrounding effects. Not sure they did that on purpose or what..maybe it's cool to have that kind of sound?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
i too have a pair and the phone call quality is kinda werid. It is super clear but the voice has been somewhat changed to a way that it feels like surrounding effects. Not sure they did that on purpose or what..maybe it's cool to have that kind of sound?

Well ik they've been adding feedback from your own mic, because if you've got your buds jammed in your ear you totally can't tell how loud you're talking. And you end up talking louder lol

On the other hand it could be good for situational awareness and what's going on around you.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well ik they've been adding feedback from your own mic, because if you've got your buds jammed in your ear you totally can't tell how loud you're talking. And you end up talking louder lol

On the other hand it could be good for situational awareness and what's going on around you.

you mean they do so to prevent you from speaking louder than you normally do? Then that's really useful. I can still recall the time that I was listening to cd player with earphone on in my class and accidentally speak really loud to embrass myself..

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
anxiously waiting for the yellow ones.. cmon already!!!

Ah. I got mine on eBay. I couldn't ignore getting them as new for $60 instead of the full retail. Only setback is I wanted them in red to match my phone. Had to go with black.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ah. I got mine on eBay. I couldn't ignore getting them as new for $60 instead of the full retail. Only setback is I wanted them in red to match my phone. Had to go with black.

yeah that's the thing, the ones that are out right now are the ones that were released for the lumia 900, hence the lack of red and yellow options =(

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

I used mine in a phone call today in a room full of servers. The earbuds were great at blocking out the noise from the fans, and i welcomed the feedback from my own mic. It honestly felt slightly more like a natural conversation. Not only was i hearing myself and the caller, but also the things i was doing. Example, my keystrokes on the keyboard and movements with the mouse etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss