Screen burn in possible using as a nightstand clock?

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I used my iphone as a nightstand clock all the time. The type of screen that apple uses prevents much worry about burn in.

Does any know if that is a risk with the 920 and the screen technology used here?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
No, you'll be fine. At most you'll get image retention which is only temporary and will go away with use or a cycle of various colors.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Never had an issue with screen burn or screen longevity before. There was a setting on Sony Ericssons back in the day that allowed the lock screen clock to be viewable while charging all night. I think my HD2 would stay lit up as well iirc

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The only other this that's annoying is the home,backspace and search lights that refuse to shut off. I'd there a timeout setting for them?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The only other this that's annoying is the home,backspace and search lights that refuse to shut off. I'd there a timeout setting for them?

The buttons should shut off when your screen sleeps or they should time out on their own. I hope they fix the issues with the buttons though. On my 920 the buttons seem to behave strangely compared to my HD7. The buttons have a mind of their own sometimes. They light up and turn off randomly now and then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo