My 920 is freezing when hanging up a call

Patrick Flynn

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Very strange. When I take the phone away from my ear to hang up a call, the screen does not come back on - almost as though the sensor does not recognize that I have removed it from my ear. Pressing the power button will flash the screen on very briefly, but the whole phone stays locked up for about 10-20 seconds and then seems to realise the call has stopped.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Its now happening to me as well! Not sure but it maybe the Extras + thats keeps getting updated by Nokia. It hasnt happened to me till past few days, Very frustrating!

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Check and make if you have a case it's not obstructing the proxiemty sensor (Just above the "N" in Nokia)
Make sure that area is clean of smudges some has also tried using Canned Air to blow out the dust in the FFC. possibly some dust getting behind the glass on the sensor.

If that doesn't resolve it try a reset of the phone and if it continues Maybe seek a replacement device.

lumia011

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
...same thing started to happen to my 920 just this morning.....:angry:
sensor is clear...yeah, yesterday i updated "nokia extras".....

lumia011

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
....it looks like it is a "sensor" thing (maybe coupled with other things or triggered by as well)....i just rubbed the sensor with my finger and the screen magically showed up

milenmar

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine too - this happened a day or two ago for me too - I reckon it's definitely after an update as it was fine before - cleaned my sensor, still doing it - it's not that.... my new lumia is immaculate too

wonder if I can roll back the updates to prove this

needs to be sorted quickly, very annoying, especially when you're roaming and it's pricey to have a call going

John Ballard

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me for the last 3 weeks, started not too long after I got my yellow 920. Nokia chat rep told me that Nokia and Microsoft know about it. AT&T said they'd replace my phone with a "like new" device which didn't fill me with confidence. They couldn't tell me if the problem would go away, the replacement could well be for nothing. Called Nokia back, they wouldn't tell me ANYTHING and said they wanted me to send them the phone and get AT&T to give me a "loaner." Total crappy experience. 920 is literally the most amazing phone ever, but also a buggy piece of cr@p in many ways...I hope they get their act together before winking out of existence.

jwaisanen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here - screen stays black and "frozen" for a bit when I take the phone away from my ear to hang up. Comes back, but only after several seconds of confusion.

Very frustrating, and it's only been going on for a week or so, so I think it must be related to an update.

Trezhan

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem. Its really pissing me and other people when I call them and they dont answer. I cannot hang up so I leave a extremely long message. Hope there is a fix for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720