Changing the casing to grey

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.
That sounds like a good idea yeah :) It's best I ask them first before buying the casing as the phone isn't sold yet in my country, so they might not have spare parts available.

Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.
I can imagine what you mean! Where there also creaks when you put the original case back on or just on the new one? Mine already creaks from three sides when it gets hot, so I can't imagine it getting worse :D

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?

where can i purchase the gray oem nokia 920 housing?

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for €20 less too... but it's pretty new still of course :) They only ship to The Netherlands and Belgium.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
It looks nice and I would do it again.

Hiro2

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
It looks nice and I would do it again.

Post pictures?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99