The flash for the camera on my Lumia 920 stopped working...

MIKEVCAMPBELL

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with their flash on the Lumia 920? I am not exactly sure when it stopped working, I noticed yesterday. It won't work on the camera and it won't work on flashlight apps (I tried 2 different ones.) I have tried power cycling and the basics and I would rather not reset the phone if possible. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you've ensured your flash is set to On and flashlight apps don't work either along with a reset I would assume you have faulty hardware and would seek replacement.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Not the problem you are describing, but here's mine:

The only problems I have had was that sometimes (only happened twice) when I was taking a photo outside in almost complete darkness to capture an object between 2-5 ft. away, the flash had fired, but barely illuminated the subject. I toggled with all of the settings to try to figure out what was triggering it but yielded the same results. However, a short time later in the night I tried again and it worked fine. -shrug-

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Guys don't get confuse with the camera flash and the focus assist light. They are totally two different things even that they look similar on what they do

254zane8888

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am on my 3rd Lumia per warranty replacement. I like the phone and love the OS. but both of my previous devices had faulty flashes. They just stopped working altogether. Not on the camera or on a flashlight app. Then sometimes it would just decide to work for the day but go back the next day. Of course at AT&T, its like WHAT?! You're the only one in the world having this problem. Not the case apparently. Also the right channel of my auxiliary audio stopped working on both previous phones.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
the flash module itself connects via contacts to the main board, it's not physically plugged into anything. If that contact connection isn't particularly good it will fail. Either removed the screen motherboard from the housing ( it really is a simple job 2 minute job ) and check the contacts are all clean. Or depress slightly on the LED section to make sure it's getting contact to the board and try to turn the flash on via flaslight xt or something similar. Generally

Bighouse

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Mike, I had that exact problem earlier tonight. Was able to fix it.

Diagnosis:
- Focus light and flash do not fire in either Flash On or Flash Auto modes
- Exposure meter acts like flash is firing, however (aka photos are way too dark)
- Soft reset / power cycle (turn off, turn on) did not fix

Fix:
- Reset default settings in camera settings menu. For me, I was already on the default settings, so I had to change something, save it, and then hit reset.

Worked for me.

sr1030nx

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue, flashlight apps + camera flash wouldn't work. It seems that the contacts (for the flash) inside the phone get either dirty and/or don't connect properly anymore.
I took my 920 to a local phone store, they opened it up, cleaned the contacts and then bent them up slightly so they would connect properly.
Flash has been working fine since.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I know this an old thread but the flash on my 920(March 26,2015) had stopped working and so I did the soft reset and turned the phone off and on a couple of times with no luck and then I uninstalled the flashlight app and the flash works again... I've had that same flashlight app for more then a year .. hasn't been updated ,but the Lumia camera has and so ...hope someone reads this before doing a hard reset if they are having the same problem ... maybe this will work for you also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs