Weird Battery Happenings

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I've been having the normal battery issues on my 920 (~10 hours from charge to very low) with only weather HD and Groupon running in the background. I just decided to let it discharge all the way and recharge about 5 1/2 hours ago, which is when I took it off the charger (USB), and with very light usage I was seeing about a 7-8% discharge rate per hour. As of writing this, my battery has been sitting at 0% for about 40 minutes, and after constant usage. Anyone see this happening at all? The phone did shut off and I just turned it back on. And I have been using the charging pad at night. This is pretty weird...
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Estep16

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had my first poor battery day today. The phone was dead by 8pm, started my day off at 9am. This hasn't come close to happening in the last 9 days of owning the phone. The only apps that I installed yesterday was Paper Shuffle, so I am going to leave it off tomorrow and see if my battery life improves. Still trying to figure out what caused the major battery drain today...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had my first poor battery day today. The phone was dead by 8pm, started my day off at 9am. This hasn't come close to happening in the last 9 days of owning the phone. The only apps that I installed yesterday was Paper Shuffle, so I am going to leave it off tomorrow and see if my battery life improves. Still trying to figure out what caused the major battery drain today...

I had a weird day like that too. I lost 40% battery in a little under two hours of non-use. The next day it went for what seemed like forever.

My best guess was either no cell reception or buttons were getting pressed in my pocket.

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Skype installed, and funny thing right after I typed that it went dead. Phone was out the whole time with strong LTE signal. I've got it plugged in now, so we'll see what the battery drain looks like when it gets back to 100%. I'm just going to keep all the background tasks off that I can and see what that looks like. Weird...
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I've gotta say, after I discharged and recharged the phone, I've gotten about 10 more hours of battery life. I've kept off all of my background tasks that I could to get some baseline results. I've been charging with a USB wall plug the past couple nights, so I will see if the wireless charger has any effect on battery life. I don't think it will, but I'd like to test all avenues of this. Right now I've had my phone unplugged since about 10:30am (EST) and moderate to heavy usage, and I'm at 49% with 9 hours (est.) left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss